30 min Pitching lesson?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
Our pitching lessons can either be group or private. The group is about and hour and the private is about 30 minutes. There is an area to warm up prior to the lesson as well. The lesson times do vary such that if a player needs some extra time here and there they run over. For example, if a player finally feels the a strong front side at the end of the lesson, may run a bit longer to give the player some extra reps to reinforce the mechanics. All about seeing these girls progress since they are working very hard to develop their skills.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
30 minute private pitching lessons are fine. The biggest factor in your DD's success will be how hard she works OUTSIDE of the pitching lesson to get better.....

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
My lessons are in 45 minute slots. I am outside, not in a facility. We warm up overhand. I believe the overhand needs to be near perfect and that they have to be able to catch the ball. Plus, in our heat 45 minutes is plenty. It is long enough, to shift gears and bat, if the girl just isn't getting it, that day. My lessons are 6 for $125.00, plus I go to their games when I can.

Tucson isn't that hot?

May 10, 2013
USA
My 9u DD has been pitching for a little over 3 months now. She has had help from the local high school coaches 3 times. And her and me have been to the field to pitch on our own quite a bit. She has pitched in 10 games in 3 months. Tomorrow she will start her first official pitching lesson. It will be a 45 minute lesson for $40, it will be inside as well. She will have one lesson a week for the next three months. With an indoor live pitching and hitting league once a week as well.

With the two pitching opportunities a week, and hoping for one other good day of weather a week over the winter to get outside I hope this will be enough. Her coach is counting on her for his 2A or 2B pitcher next season.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Warrior Mike, rarely is it too hot. My students pitch 15 fastballs and we get water. So, I know they are either throwing 45 or 60 pitches, depending on their age. Water is the key. We do try to pick a time of day, that isn't stifling and if we can get under the shade of a cactus, we are fine.

Indoors is worse, during the summer - if there is no A/C.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Warrior Mike, rarely is it too hot. My students pitch 15 fastballs and we get water. So, I know they are either throwing 45 or 60 pitches, depending on their age. Water is the key. We do try to pick a time of day, that isn't stifling and if we can get under the shade of a cactus, we are fine.

Indoors is worse, during the summer - if there is no A/C.

Winters are worse in the desert ! I used to live in Vegas. I know a thing or two about " dry heat ". Lol

I couldn't live in the desert again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207