Xeno break-in

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
Last place would be the Xeno. We have some tb teammates that have this bat now for a few months and I think it has made them less of a threat.

My opinion is that folks are attracted to the new sound and think it's doing something special for them, but in the end wind up making metions like in one of the threads above where daddy says "I really thought DD would be hitting it further...."

Just my unscientific opinion.

I have had the exact opposite experience. 6 out of 13 players on our 10U team are swinging DD's 30/20 Xeno with excellent results. The sound is annoying, but watching our opponents' outfielders chasing all the line drives certainly isn't!

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Xeno and Catalyst are made the same way and work. They Feel solid, hit well. I swear they add 20' to the distance. I could be wrong but watching my DD go from line drives to power shots with this bat was proof to me it adds confidence and feels good in their hands. She did not break anything in. It has hit hot off the shelf from day one.

Dec 7, 2011
I have had the exact opposite experience. 6 out of 13 players on our 10U team are swinging DD's 30/20 Xeno with excellent results. The sound is annoying, but watching our opponents' outfielders chasing all the line drives certainly isn't!

Well the "national TB tour" starts in a few weeks and I will see more & more examples beyond what I see in watching too much D1 sb on tv and then the 6 to 8 I have seen "live" during this hs season.

I will keep an open eye to this as I am an engineer by training and love to analyze things to death. As I have not been a fan of Demarini durability in the past, if it starts to become apparent that the Xeno hits to this level I could shift over really easy.

To be continued....

Mar 25, 2011
My dd has an '11 Xeno - 30/20. She is just maybe starting to swing it worth a darn. However, all the coaches seek out her bat bag to hit balls for fly ball practice. It's small enough they can handle it like a fungo, but, even the more seasoned 16yr helpers have said that this is a hot bat, and the ball just jumps off of it.

For me, the jury is still out, but it is starting to look as the the raw opinion data is showing that it is a popular bat by feel. They also have a new Worth 454 they use for infield work... so, it's interesting to see it all.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
For me, the jury is still out, but it is starting to look as the the raw opinion data is showing that it is a popular bat by feel. They also have a new Worth 454 they use for infield work... so, it's interesting to see it all.

I would take a Louisville Slugger Catalyst or Xeno over the 454 any day...JMO

Jun 24, 2011
Well the "national TB tour" starts in a few weeks and I will see more & more examples beyond what I see in watching too much D1 sb on tv and then the 6 to 8 I have seen "live" during this hs season.

I will keep an open eye to this as I am an engineer by training and love to analyze things to death. As I have not been a fan of Demarini durability in the past, if it starts to become apparent that the Xeno hits to this level I could shift over really easy.

To be continued....
Looking forward to your observations!

Dec 7, 2011
So Xeno takes a big hit against it today.

DD here today sends a fb down the pipe to her catcher in TB and the ball gets hurt by the Xeno,...... or at least everyone thought that in the bleachers,.... only to see the ball safely land in the outfielders glove without moving back at all. Honestly, the ball looked crushed, I know the girl can hit,... The only saving thought supporting the Xeno is that the wind was blowing a bit in but mostly left-to-center.

Getting even more skeptical with this instance,.. albeit only one more data sample.

Still to be continued.....

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
DW hit about 50 pitches tonight with DD's (both 2 weeks old) 32/22 xeno and 32/23 rt. DW is a big hitter! The blast were pretty equal both bats. About 25% were otf both bats. There were about 4 shots from the xeno that were super blasts. Dw said what I have seen from dd hitting, it seems like there is a spot in the xeno that is extra hot.

Mar 13, 2012
Had my dd and one of our better hitters use 31/21 Xeno/CF 5 and a RT back to back to back for about 15 pitches a piece and there are now about 6 or 7 new Xeno's on our travel team. The better hitter didnt want to even try anything but her RT and now has her own Xeno. I am very convinced between these 3 bats that the Xeno fits our 10u kids better. Funny how the magic bats have them swinging the first couple weekends.....lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan