Wrapping head

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2014
Have a pitcher that is struggling with arm circle issues. Beautiful K-drill, 12 o’clock position, and 3/4 position. Once she gets on the mound she cannot complete a pitch without wrapping her head. Going to try a sock ball and changing hand position, currently begins with ball facing first throughout backswing. Any other suggestions?

46534D2B-C352-488A-B0AE-AA0869F20425.png

Feb 25, 2018
Know if she's ever had a functional movement screen done? Reason I ask is that could be a compensatory movement to overcome a weakness/deficiency in strength, stability or mobility.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
My Holiday Inn approach would consist of starting with the 2 step and then allow the throwing arm to extend forward on upswing. I think her footwork is allowing this to occur.

And also keep the back of the knuckles facing the catcher on the upswing. She can change this down the road after sorting her shoulder out.

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Just to clarify, when you say 'gets on the mound' do you mean goes full motion or is on the rubber pitching to hitters? And what are the downstream complications? While it's not a classic position if she can get back on line by 10 o'clock I would ride with it for awhile.

If you're desperate and want to go for an 'intervention' this might work.

Amazon product ASIN B098R6CBZV
Just kidding, I couldn't help myself.

Nov 15, 2014
Just to clarify, when you say 'gets on the mound' do you mean goes full motion or is on the rubber pitching to hitters? And what are the downstream complications? While it's not a classic position if she can get back on line by 10 o'clock I would ride with it for awhile.

If you're desperate and want to go for an 'intervention' this might work.

Amazon product ASIN B098R6CBZV
Just kidding, I couldn't help myself.
Yes, anytime in full motion off the mound, regardless if hitters are present or not. Better at 10, still somewhat behind the body but beginning to correct. Hoped to get a video today but raining here. Very inconsistent release point and accuracy. When u say "this might work" are you referring to the two step drill?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez