Wow!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Because it hurts the competitive balance, I would argue more for Maxwell since I don't think Michigan would win anything. With Maxwell and Kilfoyle, OSU had a much better chance of beating the competition than just Kilfoyle alone. Also, without Maxwell, OU probably doesn't win it all.
What competitive balance??? There is no rookie draft, or anything else in the entirety of college sports that does anything to promote competitive balance. There never has been.

OSU didn't get knocked out of the WCWS this year because of pitching. They couldn't score a single run. It was pretty much the same last year.

I agree that OU doesn't win in 2024 without Maxwell, but it cuts both ways. They didn't need Maxwell if Bahl doesn't go back to Nebraska. If Jocelyn Erickson doesn't transfer to Florida, OU has the 2024 SEC Player of the Year as Hansen's back-up. In terms of transfer portal adds and deletions, it was, at best for OU, a wash.

Jul 1, 2022
Collegiate sports has never been competitively balanced. There's over 100 D1 FBS football programs, most of which invest as much money into them as they can, but still there's probably like 10 programs that can realistically win it all.

Any division 1 P4 program that receives TV money can invest a small chunk of that in new softball facilities/coaching/nil and can probably be a contender in a couple years.

When other programs are matching what OU pays patty gasso and her staff and facilities and player NIL and OU still keeps winning it all then we can talk.

If pitching really is that important then $1M to buy a transfer or keep a top pitcher should be a no brainer. Pay up!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think the Canady deal at 1.2 million per year legitimizes the numbers I and others shared. I assume your mea culpa for all of your posts in this thread shitting on anybody sharing information will be coming shortly
Go easy on the guy. We have all been wrong, some just wronger than others.:D

Jul 19, 2021
I think the Canady deal at 1.2 million per year legitimizes the numbers I and others shared. I assume your mea culpa for all of your posts in this thread shitting on anybody sharing information will be coming shortly
Imagine treating what ESPN writes as the gospel.......

Nov 5, 2014
Imagine treating what ESPN writes as the gospel.......
😂😂😂😂

Imagine thinking you have all the answers....

I appreciate ESPN and countless other news outlets for conspiring to legitimize the scale of the NIL payments I and others in this thread had independently heard about.

No gospel at all just shared the numbers I heard from a reliable source.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoCoBomber