world cup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Ah cool. Will be interesting as I think the World Cup results show without her they're not as good.

Jul 26, 2010
She earned it. If you were making the roster would you really not include a lefty that throws over 70?

I've mixed feelings on this. If the coach cared, he'd give her the offseason to work on her mechanics so she wasn't illegal next year (wherever she might be playing). Now she has to be competitive which leaves no time for mechanical adjustments.

BUT, I'm not the coach for team USA so I have the benefit of empathy that he does not.

-W

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
She earned it. If you were making the roster would you really not include a lefty that throws over 70?

I would never have put myself in that position. I would have fixed her mechanics 4 years ago and not whined like a little b***h every time she got called for an IP when she was at USF.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I would never have put myself in that position. I would have fixed her mechanics 4 years ago and not whined like a little b***h every time she got called for an IP when she was at USF.

I think that ship has sailed. But she sure looked good in the game I saw her against Canada. It's hard to argue she was a "daddy ball" pick with the way she pitched at the WC.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
nice dodge....so she would be on the roster then I take it.

Not a dodge at all. I never would have kept her if she could not fix her mechanics. But to your point if I were not her coach and spent the last 4+ years covering for her and making excuses, no she would not be on Team USA. I simply have no respect for an athlete that cannot compete within the rules. Did you happen to notice which NPF team drafted her?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Not a dodge at all. I never would have kept her if she could not fix her mechanics. But to your point if I were not her coach and spent the last 4+ years covering for her and making excuses, no she would not be on Team USA. I simply have no respect for an athlete that cannot compete within the rules. Did you happen to notice which NPF team drafted her?

I think she was drafted by the same team that drafted J-Train.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
International play will be very different for Nevins. Unlike her last season at USF there are very few strong teams for her to watch from the bench. Would have loved to see how she would have done in the SEC, PAC12, or even BIG10. But to her credit she certainly was a stud in the American Athletic Conference. Suppose she tore it up in High School too.

I just do not understand the glowing accolades for a pitcher just because she throws 70+ when she played in an average at best conference. Seriously what has she done?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234