world cup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Yes, Irvine is very very creepy. My wife's family is all spread around Orange County behind the curtain, and I've spent way too much time there. On the plus side Irvine is very small, and there are 60000 authentic taco joints all around the rest of Orange County.

What gets me more is than the manicured lawns is the manicured people. I've gotten use to seeing manicured women (read that as plastic-faced permanently surprised suburban clown-people) here in NorCal and of course on TV (if you can bear to watch), but the amount of men that undergo the same sillyness in OC leaves my sides hurting at every turn. When we do showcases in Huntington Beach we play a game counting the amount of 40 year old men who use Duke Nukem as a role model for fashion.

Anyway, we will be down there, and last I heard the surf city showcase we're doing that weekend was relocated from Chino Hills to Anaheim and Huntington Beach so we'll be closer and we definitely plan to attend a game or two of the World Cup.

I'm honestly not sure about Uneo. I can't find any useable links to their National Team roster.

-W

It sounds as though not much has changed since my days at MCAS El Toro.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I watched USA v. Mexico exhibition on the web. Estela Pinon is on Team Mexico and gave up 1 run in 3 innings, Mexico was down 1-0 at top of 4 when they pulled her and Traina. All the games are streaming live except those broadcast by ESPN. The announcer is a bit flat, made some mistakes, and the color could be better. THEY BOTH LOVE IRVINE! Pilippines v. Mexico is on now: Legacy Club

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
We will be there on Saturday evening for the US-Taipei game. I hope I can catch some of US-Japan on TV tonight.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
No Ueno in sight. DD disappointed but will try to get Traina's autograph.
It's been a great day at the park. The quality of play is definitely better in tonight's game than the day games.

Trying to pick out DFPers in the audience. LOL

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Great night at World Cup. DD wasn't able to get autograph of Traina but was able to get a smile, hello and a few pics near her. The line was super long and they needed to pull her away. She would have stayed if they hadn't which says a lot about her. Highlight of the night, we met Crystl Bustos, got auto graph and pic.
Yes...I was a star struck child.

Stuck around to watch Japan working in bullpen after the game. All their pitchers use Ueno's style but tonight that wasn't enough. Rumor was that Ueno was hurt but we all know how rumors go.

Hope all that go have a great time.

1. Snack line around dinner time is crazy long but the pasta smelled great. We ate offsite in between games.
2. If they have autograph session - they have "stalls" for lines and a player will pick a line and stay there for autographs and pics. Traina was at 1st line. Wish we had known that going in.
3. Bring an umbrella for shade....
4. If you retrieve a foul ball they exchange it for a bracelet

I need to stop posting from iPhone because I have fat fingeritis....and make tons of errors. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234