world cup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Great night at World Cup. DD wasn't able to get autograph of Traina but was able to get a smile, hello and a few pics near her. The line was super long and they needed to pull her away. She would have stayed if they hadn't which says a lot about her. Highlight of the night, we met Crystl Bustros, got auto graph and pic.
Yes...I was a star struck child.

Stuck around to watch Japan working in bullpen after the game. All their pitchers use Ueno's style but tonight that wasn't enough. Rumor was that Ueno was hurt but we all know how rumors go.

Hope all that go have a great time.

1. Snack line around dinner time is crazy long but the pasta smelled great. We ate offsite in between games.
2. If they have autograph session - they have "stalls" for lines and a player will pick a line and stay there for autographs and pics. Traina was at 1st line. Wish we had known that going in.
3. Bring an umbrella for shade....
4. If you retrieve a foul ball they exchange it for a bracelet

I need to stop posting from iPhone because I have fat fingeritis....and make tons of errors. :)

Glad you had a good time!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
argh....went to watch the game on DVR this morning to see if the girls got some camera time on TV but lo and behold, some basketball player decided to play basketball in Cleveland and ESPN decided to cover that for three hours and moved the game to another channel.

Jun 9, 2014
argh....went to watch the game on DVR this morning to see if the girls got some camera time on TV but lo and behold, some basketball player decided to play basketball in Cleveland and ESPN decided to cover that for three hours and moved the game to another channel.

You should be able to watch it on ESPN3 or WatchESPN app. If you have a Chromecast you can stream it to your television, they just added support within the last month, it's so nice. All kinds of archived softball games on there!

Edit:
Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

Search softball!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mrs. F, the little F'ers and I got to see Team USA take batting practice against Chinese Taipei. It had the intended result. Both little F'ers are fired up to work hard on becoming better players.

Hopefully they will feel that way tomorrow.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
WCSB Finals are on ESPN now and the Canadian team member and former Syracuse player Jenna Caira sure looks like a Bill Hillhouse student.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Eriksen takes his illegal pitcher and makes her #1 on his new team where she will not be bothered by those pesky IP's. Although there is no blood relationship it still smacks of daddy ball.

Mar 13, 2010
Did Uneo pitch at all? Didn't follow it this year as Australia didn't go (they're taking a different tack this year) Will be interesting if she is hurt as it changes the World Championship.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Did Uneo pitch at all? Didn't follow it this year as Australia didn't go (they're taking a different tack this year) Will be interesting if she is hurt as it changes the World Championship.

I did not see her at all in the USA vs. Japan game that was televised.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

No. They said she has an injured knee, and is going to rest it to be ready for the World Championship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234