world cup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
No...not that one where everybody falls down and cries and the games are decided by penalty kicks, corrupt goalies and officials with waaaay too much power over the results (viva Mexico). I'm talking about the real world cup, women's softball, in Irvine California this year (creepiest city in the world by the way but that is besides the point).

My question is whether or not anyone knows if Ueno is on the Japan national team this year and will be there?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Creepy in that master planned city, manicured lawn, Stepford wives sort of way. Any city in Southern California that has more Chipotle's than actual taco joints cannot be trusted.

Irvine, CA - Sanitized for your protection. It makes me think of a "Humanity" exhibit at an alien zoo.

Mrs. F, the little F'ers and I will be there for the games on 7/12.

Jul 26, 2010
Yes, Irvine is very very creepy. My wife's family is all spread around Orange County behind the curtain, and I've spent way too much time there. On the plus side Irvine is very small, and there are 60000 authentic taco joints all around the rest of Orange County.

What gets me more is than the manicured lawns is the manicured people. I've gotten use to seeing manicured women (read that as plastic-faced permanently surprised suburban clown-people) here in NorCal and of course on TV (if you can bear to watch), but the amount of men that undergo the same sillyness in OC leaves my sides hurting at every turn. When we do showcases in Huntington Beach we play a game counting the amount of 40 year old men who use Duke Nukem as a role model for fashion.

Anyway, we will be down there, and last I heard the surf city showcase we're doing that weekend was relocated from Chino Hills to Anaheim and Huntington Beach so we'll be closer and we definitely plan to attend a game or two of the World Cup.

I'm honestly not sure about Uneo. I can't find any useable links to their National Team roster.

-W

Jan 22, 2011
Irvine, CA - Sanitized for your protection. It makes me think of a "Humanity" exhibit at an alien zoo.

Mrs. F, the little F'ers and I will be there for the games on 7/12.

I'll be there with my wife and daughter for the games on 7/12 as well.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
No...not that one where everybody falls down and cries and the games are decided by penalty kicks, corrupt goalies and officials with waaaay too much power over the results (viva Mexico). I'm talking about the real world cup, women's softball, in Irvine California this year (creepiest city in the world by the way but that is besides the point).

My question is whether or not anyone knows if Ueno is on the Japan national team this year and will be there?
If you take away the 2 embellished injuries a game. There is a lot of skill and strategy going on in the soccer WC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234