Winter workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 29, 2021
Finishing up the last tournament of the season this weekend I am planning on bringing my DD to the gym with me through the winter. She’s a big, strong 13 year old. I have been doing powerlifting workouts for the last 15 years myself but don’t think that’s right for her. She’s a pitcher. I was wondering if anyone has a workout program they have followed that seemed to work. I spent a day googling things but I didn’t find anything that made me say, “yep that’s the one.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
Finishing up the last tournament of the season this weekend I am planning on bringing my DD to the gym with me through the winter. She’s a big, strong 13 year old. I have been doing powerlifting workouts for the last 15 years myself but don’t think that’s right for her. She’s a pitcher. I was wondering if anyone has a workout program they have followed that seemed to work. I spent a day googling things but I didn’t find anything that made me say, “yep that’s the one.”

I’d say hook her up with a personal trainer that does individual or small group sessions for female athletes specifically. Once she gets the basics down and learns appropriate lifts to do then she can just go with you to the gym.

May 16, 2016
Illinois

You may be over thinking this, maybe not. You have 15 years of experience in powerlifting. My guess is you are more than capable of teaching your daughter how to get stronger. Consistency is the key to strength training. Nothing wrong with teaching your daughter power lifting principles as long as you scale it to her size and strength.

As far as YouTube goes. There are some workout videos associated with softball done by Summers Method. I just picked a random video to link. You can watch his videos for free on YouTube and see if you like some of his workouts.

Nov 15, 2019
My 17 year old daughter is a powerlifter, it's been great for her in softball! She also adds in exercises for explosiveness (like box jumps) and rotation (like medicine ball slams) and makes sure she gets core work in. Her hitting coach talks quite about about how the hip hinge in hitting correlates with the hip hinge on the deadlift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles