Wilson A2k 1721 vs Wilson A2k David Wright

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
You thought a 12” DW5 was too big for a 12” softball?

My comparison between it and a 12” Pro1000, I thought the DW5 was a hair smaller, and the Pro1000 already measures smaller than it’s listed 12” size.

Every 12” Pro1000 or Pro206 we’ve owned has measured between 11.75” & 12”, never the full 12”.

Never owned a DW5, but owned probably 10+ Pro1000’s and Pro206’s, I always thought it was THE perfect fastpitch infield glove!

Maybe your DD just has killer Ozzie hands! 😉

Everything I said about the DW5 I take back. I should have said that about the A2k 1721. I don't even own a DW5. Sorry about the confusion. This 1721 has been sitting in the basement for a couple years and I got the model numbers confused.

I am going to go back and edit my post from earlier.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Don’t know what happened that made me start loving I-webs? Went my entire life never owning one, I was around five I-webs just a short while back, still have two now.

I still think the H-web is the best web for 3B, breaks in deeper and wider, I-webs are better suited for flatter more shallow gloves. But they sure look better than H-webs….and isn’t that what really matters? 😉

Sep 10, 2024
Don’t know what happened that made me start loving I-webs? Went my entire life never owning one, I was around five I-webs just a short while back, still have two now.

I still think the H-web is the best web for 3B, breaks in deeper and wider, I-webs are better suited for flatter more shallow gloves. But they sure look better than H-webs….and isn’t that what really matters? 😉
LOL Right? They do look so much better.

Aug 24, 2024
Recently started lurking and optimistically researching drill info for my tballer…so at the very beginning of this journey and will show myself out, shortly…

However, as a longtime DW5 fan growing up prior to picking up a 206 on AD’s recommendation a few years ago, i thought it worth mentioning that the DW5 is back.

1) There’s a standard DW5 A2000 offering for 2024. They’ve been working their way into online retailers, so local retailers shouldn’t be too far behind.
2) Elly De La Cruz’s signature glove is also DW5 shape. https://www.wilson.com/en-us/produc...acruz-gm-wbw102124#hand=52622&glovesize=53072

Unfortunately, I don’t have experience with the 1721’s but can offer some commentary to a 206.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Recently started lurking and optimistically researching drill info for my tballer…so at the very beginning of this journey and will show myself out, shortly…

However, as a longtime DW5 fan growing up prior to picking up a 206 on AD’s recommendation a few years ago, i thought it worth mentioning that the DW5 is back.

1) There’s a standard DW5 A2000 offering for 2024. They’ve been working their way into online retailers, so local retailers shouldn’t be too far behind.
2) Elly De La Cruz’s signature glove is also DW5 shape. https://www.wilson.com/en-us/produc...acruz-gm-wbw102124#hand=52622&glovesize=53072

Unfortunately, I don’t have experience with the 1721’s but can offer some commentary to a 206.

What’s your opinion / view on the DW5 vs. the Pro206?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here’s the only Pro206 we have left, this is Anna’s, it’s a broke in salad bowl, great infield pattern!

Edit:
This is retail glove, Black rolled welting 🤮, and Camel leather, three things I dislike very much, kiddo LOVED this glove!
IMG_2523.jpegIMG_2525.jpegIMG_2524.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2024
What’s your opinion / view on the DW5 vs. the Pro206?

I think they’re similar to the point where it becomes personal preference and I would put my hands on a DW5 in person this year if I was considering the model, but the 206 edges the DW5 out for my use in slowpitch to the point that I donated my last DW5 last holiday season while downsizing.

The heel of the 206 is slightly wider than my DW5 (main noticeable difference) and they have similar pocket depth.

There is an A2000 vs HoH standard construction difference (leather palm pad; inserts; laces and shell leather liner). That helps the durability of the 206 in my opinion but separates why the Wilson feels like a Wilson and a Rawlings feels like a Rawlings.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think they’re similar to the point where it becomes personal preference and I would put my hands on a DW5 in person this year if I was considering the model, but the 206 edges the DW5 out for my use in slowpitch to the point that I donated my last DW5 last holiday season while downsizing.

The heel of the 206 is slightly wider than my DW5 (main noticeable difference) and they have similar pocket depth.

There is an A2000 vs HoH standard construction difference (leather palm pad; inserts; laces and shell leather liner). That helps the durability of the 206 in my opinion but separates why the Wilson feels like a Wilson and a Rawlings feels like a Rawlings.

As good of a breakdown / description as I’ve ever heard! 👍

Sep 10, 2024
Yes. A very good breakdown. I think I will wait for her to get the new HOH custom catching mitt then see if she loves that get her to make a HOH 206 since it seems most agree that is the best glove for this purpose. Thanks for all the input though. The catching mitt was easy, this infielding mitt causing me head aches haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coachtomri