wife says i have a problem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2011
Fishing rods to me. I'm always buying a new one. That's why it's called "fishing" and not ''catching''.

Fishing rods +Lures +softball=No Lunch money

It makes we sick when I think about how much money I have "laying" around in fishing gear...

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
All I have to say is where can I get those deals! I am a big supporter of my DD having multiple bats that I found on deal rather than one bat I paid $300 dollars for. Sounds like you and I are on the same page....Good for you.

Oct 10, 2011
I just bought a cheap slow pitch bat for my DD to work off season with, but now I'm afraid of what the wifey will say when she gets the package. I better buy her something:)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I think some of you guys could paraphase an old saying about tools.

when I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my bats for what I told her I paid.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I think some of you guys could paraphase an old saying about tools.

when I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my bats for what I told her I paid.

I always make it a point to take my wife through the sporting goods at Walmart. I'll pick up a bat and "gosh, I'd never pay that price for a dang bat.........how rediculaous......that's why I order ours online......honey". :rolleyes:

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
LOL, DD is in on it. I tell her when to expect the packages and she grabs them from the stoop. The new Nakona is almost broken in and ready to be seen by mom. However, this past year she did a 180 and started taking a greater interest in the game, plays and equipment. I suspect she knows but doesn't say anything.

At 13 DD has owned 8 bats, 5 are still owned and 2 stay in the bag.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Good grief ya'll are nuts! LOL! I'm a "use it 'til it breaks" parent. Where other girls fill up their 4 bat slots in their bat bags, DD only has one. She doesn't mind though. However, I was looking at her 33 in bat last night, I see a new one in near future (after shelling out $$$ for high end Mizuno glove...and yes, her old one broke LOL). Hoping to get a discount on a 2012 bat...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am a HUGE fan of Ebay and have found lots of great deals on there over the years. That said, I have also come to realize that buying a new bat is NOT going to turn my DD into a home run hitting phenom. No matter how expensive or cheap the bat, if she does not hit the ball in the 'sweet spot' of the bat with a fundamentally sound swing, the ball is not going to go very far! LOL

Oct 10, 2011
" I have also come to realize that buying a new bat is NOT going to turn my DD into a home run hitting phenom."
I refuse to believe that, so I will continue to buy:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd