Who's mistake?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
Thanks, My daughter was lit up by coach and team as the sole reason that play wasn't made and I didn't think it was entirely her fault so I wanted to hear from the community who has so much more experience than me since I had decent video of it.

DD (1st) said she knew the throw was off but needed a split second to adjust as the C wasn't where she expected her to be and decided she needed to throw to the glove. Should she have thrown to "right spot" anyway and expected C to get in position for it? p.s. The game was running late - early rain pushed everything back, hence the darkness.

Jun 26, 2019
Watching real time the throw looked worse than it was. The catcher could have made the play, but as someone else said, those plays are not automatic even with a perfect throw

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Meh... It's one play out of a game and there were a lot of fundamental issues in that short clip. No one should be "lit up" over that except the coach.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Thanks, My daughter was lit up by coach and team as the sole reason that play wasn't made and I didn't think it was entirely her fault so I wanted to hear from the community who has so much more experience than me since I had decent video of it.

DD (1st) said she knew the throw was off but needed a split second to adjust as the C wasn't where she expected her to be and decided she needed to throw to the glove. Should she have thrown to "right spot" anyway and expected C to get in position for it? p.s. The game was running late - early rain pushed everything back, hence the darkness.

The throw wasn't THAT bad. I have far more trouble with the catcher's set up and possibly her taking her eye off the ball before it's in her glove. Coach shouldn't be "lighting" anyone up for that...just work on the play in practice and get better.

Jul 8, 2021

As someone who played and has coached for over 20 years, I would be seeking a new team. No coach should have "lit up" your daughter. The catcher wasn't positioned correctly. It was not that bad of a throw. Catcher took her eye off of the ball prematurely. Even the most precise throw to the plate can end up with a play gone bad.

Jul 8, 2021
As someone who played and has coached for over 20 years, I would be seeking a new team. No coach should have "lit up" your daughter. The catcher wasn't positioned correctly. It was not that bad of a throw. Catcher took her eye off of the ball prematurely. Even the most precise throw to the plate can end up with a play gone bad.

Ps. I always tell my granddaughter to throw right to the plate. It's up to the catcher to be there. Now, if there are others on base besides the one coming home, this could be a bad idea. If the catcher is not there, or backup, a missed ball could allow more than 1 run to score.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish