Which Easton Bat do you Recommend?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
13yo DD is joining a new 14u team sponsored by Easton so she needs to use one of their bats. She currently has a 32/22 Demarini CF8 which she likes but runs a little light. Any recommendations?

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Easton and Demarini are at opposing ends of the spectrum as far as "swing feel" goes.

Easton runs usually a full oz heavy over sticker weight, where Demarini runs sometimes a bit lighter.

The Fall, however, is a great time to upsize length and/or weight, having the Winter to adjust.

I would recommend staying 32/22, and get used to the heavier Easton swing weight.
Probably stay 2-piece construction.

So, an FS1 or Mako 32/22.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
IMO, Depends on the skill level of your DD. If you go with the FS1 -10 you are going to have to go with the 2015 model. It looks like with the 2016 model year they are going with a FS3 -12. They are also making this model with the torq handle. One option you might look into for the 2016's is they are going to produce a -11 Mako.

Jun 9, 2015
My DD is a big Easton fan and at 13 went to the FX1 (end loaded) -9 32/23, she now uses the 2015 2 piece FX1 -9 33/24 and loves it. lot of pop out of the wrapper.

Feb 7, 2013
Will they give you old bats? See if they will get you an older stealth or stealth speed.

Here's the catch. They are not giving us bats but allowing us to purchase equipment at their cost apparently. I believe the players can use any Easton products and I don't necessarily have to buy it through our local rep. Would you suggest buying older stealths that are new in wrapper or take a chance on a used one?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Here's the catch. They are not giving us bats but allowing us to purchase equipment at their cost apparently. I believe the players can use any Easton products and I don't necessarily have to buy it through our local rep. Would you suggest buying older stealths that are new in wrapper or take a chance on a used one?

I love teams that think they are "sponsored", but all they get is a discount and I bet Coresoftball could get you a better deal on a bat, PLUS your DD could use any bat she wanted. If you are not getting FREE stuff from the sponsorship, just say NO!!!

Older Stealths new in the wrapper are going to be hard to come by. I have bought my DD two used Stealths off Ebay and she loves them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13