When Told You're Not Good Enough ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
There's an old saying "if at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving." Softball, on the other hand, has many opportunities; if you're willing to persevere!

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
Love it and will print this out for DD.

DD has been labeled a junkball pitcher for years. Her velocity has consistently improved by 2-3 MPH each year for the past 3 years and she definitely has a plan for HS and college softball. However, and to me most importantly, she has never given up, she uses those derogatory comments as motivation, and is consistently called upon to save the day when the flamethrowers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
I remember watching Kristina Thorson pitch for Cal on TV. She was that dark, goth pitcher. I loved that she was different from all the other pitchers that I'd seen before.
Thank you for the post. I will have my daughter read it as well.

Jan 25, 2011
Love it and will print this out for DD.

DD has been labeled a junkball pitcher for years. Her velocity has consistently improved by 2-3 MPH each year for the past 3 years and she definitely has a plan for HS and college softball. However, and to me most importantly, she has never given up, she uses those derogatory comments as motivation, and is consistently called upon to save the day when the flamethrowers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.
AMEN,my dd does the same thing,not the fastest , but comes in all the time to stop the bleeding.

Jan 25, 2011
I would rather coach a bunch of hard working B, C and D players,then a bunch of A players.The girls that are told no and come back next will give you more then, the girls with all the talent in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00