When is it time for a new glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
A year before you will need one.
From my experience (just started first year 14s), this is VERY true. It seems most girls I've run into are very reluctant to change their glove, and they think it should be floppy before you start to use it.

Our Center fielder has a new 12.5 glove. Still a little stiff, but definitely game ready. She is currently using an 11.5 baseball glove that is falling apart. One of the other girls on the team told her, she can't use the new glove yet. It is way too stiff. sigh.

Buy the glove at the year end sales and have it broken in all winter. By the end of the summer season, she might be willing to change. Or better yet, hopefully the old floppy one breaks and forces the move (that is what it took for my DD).

Sep 19, 2018
It appears that Horween is your "trigger" word!? All of those Liberty Advanced turds have really messed you up! ;)
the Liberty Advanced product managers might know what they are doing. My DD and I were in DSG a couple of weeks ago and we always look at the glove wall. My dd took an all white with gold accents off the wall and said, "Dad, this is realllllly nice."

I almost threw up in my mouth.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It appears that Horween is your "trigger" word!? All of those Liberty Advanced turds have really messed you up! ;)
I've actually only purchased two in my life. One was for me to catch for my daughter since I couldn't find any other Fastpitch mitts that fit my hand. The other was for my daughter, who is a catcher, when she was starting 14U. I offered to get her a custom Pro Preferred, but she turned it down, maybe for the same reasons my father has pants that are older than the combined age of my girls. They're just too comfortable...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Nope, to get a real, serious Rawlings FP catcher’s mitt, you’ll have to order a custom HOH off of the builder. @Travis Lassiter can point the way for you, right Travis?
No need. I'm a rep for a store and get very good pricing on all brands. And, if it was going to be custom, I'd go Pro Preferred instead of HOTH. Thank you, though.

Nope, to get a real, serious Rawlings FP catcher’s mitt, you’ll have to order a custom HOH off of the builder. @Travis Lassiter can point the way for you, right Travis?
Yes sir! Mitt still going strong. Still in great shape. Catch the pocket sounds like a gun shot. Girl at a camp this weekend asked her after catching a very hard throwing pitcher, “Doesn’t your hand hurt?”. She replied “Nope, I didn’t feel a thing”. Easily been the best equipment investment we’ve made.

No need. I'm a rep for a store and get very good pricing on all brands. And, if it was going to be custom, I'd go Pro Preferred instead of HOTH. Thank you, though.
I’m just curious and this might be helpful for some folks. Why would you go for the Pro Preferred over the HoH? From what I understand, correct me if I’m wrong, PP uses kip leather?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad