What's your favorite Winter Olympic sport?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
curling.gif

Dec 19, 2012
Curling, Luge, Skeleton, 2 and 4 man Bobsled, and short track Speed Skating. Nothing else is worth watching for me........

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
Love all snowboarding competitions (so excited that slopestyle is an event this year!), hockey, figure skating, bobsled, and curling! Curling is so detailed which I think makes it fun to watch. I also like downhill skiing, the ski jump, and speed skating....so many events that are seriously all so amazing to watch, with amazing competitors.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My 9yo saw ski jumping for the first time this weekend. She was enthralled, and any time I wasn't watching with her, she would holler out the distance of each jumper.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
My 9yo saw ski jumping for the first time this weekend. She was enthralled, and any time I wasn't watching with her, she would holler out the distance of each jumper.

It's all good stuff! The height & speed these jumpers, snowboarders and down-hillers achieve is absolutely mind boggling. What amazes me most though is how they stop on a dime at the end. It's like driving in the snow...for those who have never driven in the snow & ice, here is a tip....DRIVING in it is easy....STOPPING can be the challenging part! It looks like these skiers are stopping from a 90mph tuck in under 50 feet! Good God I think they're going to hit that wall every time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle