What's your favorite Winter Olympic sport?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
So, with the Winter Olympic opening ceremonies happening this evening and rdbass's cheeky post, I thought I'd throw out there this question: What's your favorite Winter Olympic sport?

I'll start by saying that mine, believe it or not, is Curling. I feel it takes skill as well as strategy just like a softball game. I also enjoy the ski jumping because of the technique and athleticism involved. Plus it's cool to see someone jump a football field on skis...even if it is sloped downhill..lol

Dec 7, 2011
Anything where the announcers just announce the sport and don't spin off into painfull waistes of time learning about Ice skater Jimmie's disabled 2nd cousin...... The excess human interest stuff makes me run for the remote.....

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I love all the Olympics to begin with...but for winter, the order of events I look forward to watching are..

Ski Jumping
Downhill
Giant Slalom
4-Man Bobsled
Speed Skating
biathlon

skijump2.jpgskijump1.jpg You need to be a little nuts to ski down this!

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Snowboard cross. The craziest sport I have ever seen :)

I like some of the human interest stories, but some I can do without - the Olympic Mom stories are making me feel inadequate. In a moment of weakness I asked DS if we were doing enough to further his obvious passion for Minecraft, ha ha.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ski jumping -talk about an adrenaline rush. I did 20m baby hill jumping in HS and even that was scary - standing on top of the jump all you see beyond the end of the ramp is the flat run out area where you envision your body parts splattered. Big kudos to those fearless flyers, especially the women!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
467221687-693X520.jpg

Nope.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Ski jumping -talk about an adrenaline rush. I did 20m baby hill jumping in HS and even that was scary - standing on top of the jump all you see beyond the end of the ramp is the flat run out area where you envision your body parts splattered. Big kudos to those fearless flyers, especially the women!

This is the 1st year the USA will have a woman's team in ski jumping..which caught me by surprise. I totally agree though...that event is sick! I get weak knees just looking at pictures of the ski jump...but I love watching it. I compare those ski jumpers to sky divers jumping out of a perfectly good running aircraft...NUTS!

Feb 5, 2013
Anything that isn't judged.

These judged events, summer or winter olympics, drive me crazy. Don't get me started ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle