What would you have done?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I hate people like that. Kill him with kindness. Take your assistant coach with you and ask him questions like " awesome, your starting your own program?" or "hey that's a nice shirt!" LOL

Just move on and don't let him get in your head to much.

Jan 24, 2011
Why do anything? If your tryouts are top notch and the families are impressed with you , the actions of this other guy wont affect things much at all

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I remember having organizational tryouts at our home park about 2-3 years ago. Another organization came and put flyers in the windshields of all the cars in the parking lot, announcing their tryouts the next week. ...

Sometimes you just have to decide what kind of coach/organization that you want to be and let others make their own choices.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Write a nice thank you letter to Bozo the Coach! Likes attract; he did you a huge favor!

Good perspective from you and the others who allude to the same thing. I think he will sink himself eventually and anyone who is interested in that is not someone we may be too interested in anyway. It was just nuts. I would've loved to done something funny in return. But while it would be funny for me it would probably only backfire on me. Best to leave it alone.

Now today he is emailing me and the older 12U age coach if we would be interested in his recruits who came out that he "could not use". lol...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
OK, so I'm not always a "high road guy." I'd go sit in the stands and then meander along the sidelines talking and "hobnobbing" with the parents as their dds tryout. That would drive him crazy. Naturally, I'd have to wear my team shirt while doing so. Every now then if I could catch him looking, I might lean over and say something to whomever and then smile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13