What would you do ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2010
My DD will be a Freshman next year. Has Varsity experience as a 7th and 8th grader. In the past I wanted her to have the ball every inning. Now I understand the over use issue after seeing two friends go down in school ball this year. Her PC is adamant about taking breaks between school and travel plus time off in Fall/Winter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2013
Also any team made of 'primarily Varsity players' still playing 14U should be ashamed of themselves

I think that varies in different regions. In the Twin Cities metro kids mostly play on teams within their age group. It can also vary widely by how many A's are in their HS level. Most Class A teams in MN have 7th & 8h graders on varsity, but that doesn't mean they're all stong travel players. Back in 14U we played 16U or 18U tourneys all year, but stayed at 14U for Nationals. That seemed to be common at the time.

Sanctioning body can also make a difference. Around here the teams that play mostly USSSA are B level so by "playing up" to an 18U A USSSA team you're actually playing down.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Congrats! Hopefully that fuels the fire even more for the future. After the first time Jake took to the circle in an SEC stadium she was hooked. :)

Oct 22, 2010
MTR yes, finished 3rd out of 43 teams in Ft Walton Beach. Had an .827 ERA in 42 innings for the tournament. We have moved to a new team that focuses on exposure, the old team fell apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd