What is cost of lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
Depends on the person and caliber off the instructor here in WI, but it ranges 20 to 60 dollars a hour. The 2 I know that are charging 60 an hour for one on one are current D1 and past D1 coaches of Big name programs both are very good and have a ton of connections. They both specialize in their teaching, one pitching&catching& hitting the other catching& hitting. One was a student and played under the retired coach, go figure.

Jan 10, 2013
just inquired about private lessons in Appleton, WI...$40 for a half hour from a successful D2 player. If anyone has an alternative in the Green Bay area, let me know. 11/y/o is presently doing the aforementioned semi private hitting for $17/hr and pitching through a local high school for $5/hr (20 student class though).

Not trying to turn the kid into a mega-star, but I'd like to give her the opportunity to be great at something she loves.

Feb 7, 2013
Not a believer in group lessons for anything. One on one instruction is critical for pitching and hitting. $30 for 30 mins is typical.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I live in Delaware, DD works with a former D1 Conference player of the year for $30 an hour. This includes hitting and fielding. Others that i talked to that were male and never played "WOMENS" softball charge around $1 a minute.

Apr 25, 2010
I live in Delaware, DD works with a former D1 Conference player of the year for $30 an hour. This includes hitting and fielding. Others that i talked to that were male and never played "WOMENS" softball charge around $1 a minute.

What, exactly, is the difference between men's and women's softball?

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Lowcountry of SC - good pitching lesson = $30 per hr. Pitching coach with credentials = $45 per hr. Bring your own catcher with both.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I think, IMHO it should be the same as the umpire's rate, for the level your going to play at... (you furnish the catcher / if you don't have one that would get very upset if anyone else catches for your DD, then you need to access your Pitching status) +tips when needed. I think there should be a 1 year (Seasonal) contract, that would have the Coach receive an amount...$5-$25 per K due 24hrs after each game. Everyone in the stable split the Coach's expenses to attend the Nationals. I have paid $100per hr. that was worth a $1000.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Wow, things are expensive in NJ. I typically pay 50 for 30 minutes of hitting, catching or fielding. Hitting is the only thing done on a semi regular basis. The catching and fielding are tuneup stuff given by former pro baseball players.

I fully support women's sports but at the 12-18U age group, I see male coaches getting effort out of girls. They seem to be more demanding and less willing to take half-assed efforts on blocking the errant pitch, charging grounders, diving and stopping the ball from getting through the gap. NOTE: My experiences with high level women coaches is somewhat limited to what I see on the college level. Sue Enquist probably gets a lot out of kids.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl