What is cost of lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
We pay $100 per hour for pitching, but the average in our part of Ohio is around $45 per hour. Hitting varies that much as well.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
We have been paying $40 for a 2 hour lesson. When DD was younger the lesson was everything; pitching, hitting, fielding. Now that $40 gets her 1 1/2 hours pitching only.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The wide variety in costs ( other then when you see a nationally known coach) has a lot to do with the costs associated with the space you are in. A big city coach will charge more based on the rent he/she has to pay for the space.

Apr 1, 2010
KC area:

$35/half hour for private catching lessons, because she's gone to him for so long. It would be $40/half hour for someone now who wasn't purchasing six or more lessons in advance. Still a good deal IMO!

$50/hour for private hitting lessons (outside in good weather). $200 for six weeks of one hour group hitting lessons inside in the winter.

$25/hour for general softball lessons last summer (outside in good weather), sometimes alone, sometimes with other girls, depending on whatever worked out.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It suits our personality and a facility by us runs various clinics. You are in a group setting but it averages out to about $20 an hour. Hard to beat when you need to be indoors anyways.

Another place by us has a $10 fielding class on Friday night, pay at the door. I like the idea but have not gone to see how it works out.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
MsDinosaur - I know we go to the same catching coach based on your posts on KC Fastpitch. We must also use the same hitting coach, too. Both are outstanding for the price in my book!!! Can't beat the quality, results and price!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl