What does the typical pitching lesson cost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
We got hooked up with a Div3 college player who was graduating and she did lessons for $20 for a half hour. She was booked up for most Saturdays and several nights per week too.

Jun 24, 2013
Last winter I tried to get DD some pitching with a specific PC, not a name, and was told she was booked for the year. PC might not being charging enough. If you find one you like stay with them.

I still would like to pay Ken for the $1000 lesson and be done with it.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
Lothar, I would agree that is about right for a "reputable" PC. Just keep in mind sometimes "reputable" doesn't always equal effective. My DDs first PC was $40 per hour. They had up to 5 girls at one time and there was usually one or two other people as assistants.

DDs new PC is $80 for one hour private, $40 for 1/2 hour private, or $100 for two pitchers for one hour. We do the two pitchers time, so that's $50 for an hour that I have to pay. First lesson is introductory 1/2 hour and is free to see if you think it is a good fit.

I would also ask what do they do in that time....sometimes the time you pay for includes just warming up. With our new PC we warm up in another area so when our time starts we get down to business with no wasted time. Best of luck to you.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What do you think an instructor clears, if the facility is charging $50.00 per 1/2 hour? She may be making the same thing, that she could make on her own.

Jun 23, 2013
I was fortunate to take my 10yo dd to our high school pitcher for $15/hour, but after a few lessons with lots of repetitive arm circles with weighted balls and hello elbow, I thought I better just work myself with her.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I know that our situation is not the norm, even in our area.

DD has been seeing the same PC for 6 years and he has always charged $40 for a 1 1/2 hour lesson. When she first started, the lesson was all around softball; overhand throwing, fielding, hitting and pitching. As she developed as a pitcher more and more of the time was spent on pitching and the mental game in the circle.

For the last year, DD has offered beginner lessons for $10 an hour. She talks to her PC about the students and refers them to him once they are ready for more advanced lessons.

May 10, 2010
35 an hour where I live. At a point where someone else teaches my dd. I also did lessons for a cut rate or sometimes free. The odd thing was the free ones were my complainers. Two of them even showed me their new $300 dollar bats before work out. Had to remind myself of many things at that point.

May 27, 2013
Where my dd goes now, it is $25/hour - 1:1 - we lucked out! Others around here typically charge around $50/hour for 2:1.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez