Wet Glove Care

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I have a parent that left his gear bag with three nice pieces of leather in the back of his truck that got soaked during a rain storm. Any suggestions for drying and caring for them?

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ken, I’ve read / heard stories of people submerging them into rice to draw all the moisture out, no idea if this works plus that would take a good amount of rice!

If it were mine, I’d just sit it outside on the deck in the sunshine with a small fan blowing straight into the hand & finger stalls, for hours.

After completely 100% dry, I’d really condition it good inside & out with a high quality conditioner, NO OIL!! Conditioner!

Lexol.
Ball Players Balm.
Surf City Voodoo Blend.
Mizuno Strong Oil, it’s actually a conditioner.
Wilson Pro Stock.

The Lexol will probably be the easiest to get….Walmart, Auto Zone, and Advance Auto Parts usually keep it in stock.

And DSG usually keeps the Mizuno and Wilson conditioners.

Oct 4, 2018
Ken, I’ve read / heard stories of people submerging them into rice to draw all the moisture out, no idea if this works plus that would take a good amount of rice!

If it were mine, I’d just sit it outside on the deck in the sunshine with a small fan blowing straight into the hand & finger stalls, for hours.

After completely 100% dry, I’d really condition it good inside & out with a high quality conditioner, NO OIL!! Conditioner!

Lexol.
Ball Players Balm.
Surf City Voodoo Blend.
Mizuno Strong Oil, it’s actually a conditioner.
Wilson Pro Stock.

The Lexol will probably be the easiest to get….Walmart, Auto Zone, and Advance Auto Parts usually keep it in stock.

And DSG usually keeps the Mizuno and Wilson conditioners.

Happened to us.

It was winter, so I propped it up against the air vent so our furnace could blow on it.

Once dry, went with the conditioner hard core. Seems to have worked pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32