Well, I have to go to IL.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Shelbyville, south of Decatur, to be exact. I will be there from March 24th - 30th. Mother (yep, I have a Mother) turns 95 and what else can I do, except leave this glorious weather and go to IL.? If anyone is around at HS ball or something (I don't even know is they can play yet) let me know. I will need a softball fix and I hope it isn't snow balls.

Dec 7, 2011
Jeesh that's by the gulf of mexico isn't it? ;)

There has got to be some grass down there.

I think I have forgotton what grass looks like. I might get loopy and spray-paint the snow green!

I just heard one of the hs baseball parents employed a "service" to remove snow on the boys baseball field.

DD is not looking at me with a bit of an expecting eye.,.......really,......

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Amy,

I will send you a link to some games. . .

BTW
Shebyville's Grace Moll is 8-2 with a 1.96 ERA as a freshman at Arkansas.
The Razorbacks are 19-5 and are to play No. 2 Tennessee today to open up SEC play.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Amy, believe it or not, dd will play tomorrow against a D-I school with temperatures mid 60s and then, for their Sunday conference game, SNOW high of 35. Winds Sunday to be in the 30 mph range so wind chill expected to be low 20s. Wind Chill. You probably don't hear that much where you moved. Ah, you are a veteran of Illinois weather and so, you'll do just fine.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
Saturday 3/29

Champion Fields in Normal there is a tournament. Not too far from you.

Teams I know that are there include:

Normal U-High (coached by former Olympia coach)
Stillman Valley - Might be the 3rd best team in 2A
St. Joseph-Ogden - Rated high in 2A
Burlington Central - Rated in 3A but rated too low

Actually, after looking, it's a little longer than I thought...about 1.5 hours. :eek:

Other teams near there that are good (not all inclusive):

Mattoon in 3A
Maroa in 2A
Clinton in 2A
Mt. Zion in 3A

Jul 9, 2009
IL
Haha. It is 80 miles on those terrible roads. I went to college there.

It has been a while.

All 4 lane road between Decatur and B/N. Rt. 51 is no longer a death trap as you might remember.

I'm not sure you'd recognize most areas. Except Decatur...it's still Decatur:D

Also, I'll dig around, I thought I saw a Margie Wright Invitational tournament. I can't remember the date or location but I assume it's in Warrensburg.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. Let me know. Margie is just a couple years older than me. She was a top pitcher that I played against. We both went to ISU. She doesn't know me, but I know of her.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I contacted the local HS coach. He asked me a few questions and then asked me to come out to 3 practices and work with the beginning pitchers. (The school lost their pitchers to graduation.) So, I will be out in the cold, but back to the very field that I started on, 50 years ago. I am taking my first uniform shirt with me, to show the girls. Let's hope that it is sunny!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer