Weird Dream

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I had the weirdest dream the other night. After I thought about it, I asked myself why not! My dream takes place in the Fall of 2019. Don't ask me why! I am hanging out at the ball fields watching some games, and I saw a player that my DD grew up with wearing her uniform. She is a 2019 graduate and had a spring birthday. I asked her why she wasn't at college. She said that she really wanted to play college softball so she was still 18U eligible in the Fall of 2019, and was taking the semester off so she could focus on finding a college home. I said oh! That's a great idea! In real life this girl is a NARP at LSU.

That dream got me thinking about if there are any kids that could make this happen. Heck, they are still 18U eligible for the following summer as well. I guess they could go to Community College, and play showcase ball in the Fall and make a summer run. I know of several High Level D2 players that played some over last summer.

In these uncertain times, wouldn't this be an ideal option for those uncommitted players? There is no reason they have to go to a college immediately after HS just because.

Thoughts?

May 21, 2015
South
I want to begin my comments by saying that I love the game of softball as much as anyone, and the experience of playing college softball was wonderful for me and I my daughter. She had the typical ups and downs and grew tremendously from the experience. I enjoyed every second of every game.

However, I believe players and parents need to focus more on the long term. Softball ends at some point and the real world begins. I see too many girls (with parental support) chose colleges based only on softball without enough consideration for the future after college. Academics, career goals, and even social considerations need to be taken into account before selecting a college. There are a lot of schools out there, and I believe there is a fit for every girl that has the desire and ability to play.

If a girl has the academic credentials and softball ability, I think it would be waste of her time to go to a community college because roster sizes have been inflated by the eligibility extensions. College changes your daughters rapidly, and I believe that putting them in the right environment is key.

Dec 11, 2010
Not kidding here... I had a dream last night that not only were there men on college softball teams, but I was one of them. I’m about as NARP as they come.

Was there a full moon or something?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Softball infiltrates our lives through and through! My dream may have been invoked by dose of Mucinex and bourbon. I took a C19 test on Saturday, but realized this is what a good ol' fashioned cold feels like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr