Watching NPF Championship...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
...and Cat is hopping. Not every pitch, but quite often. Do the pros not have that rule?

Ray

She's been doing stuff like that since college. She used to do very well keeping the toe down and if you saw her in slow motion, there would be times she looked like she was getting a second push off that toe. However, umpires don't have that luxury and it isn't, well shouldn't get called if the umpires cannot see it with the naked eye at full speed.

I don't watch that much NPF, but don't believe most pitchers are illegal. If they were, I would assume that if the umpires started calling all the IPs, you would end up with the same fiasco the NCAA did a few years ago. However, I doubt the NPF would allow it to go that far. And this is a specific case where the league will control what the umpires do and/or do not enforce.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
The NPF uses NCAA rules with these adjustments

There is no change to the permissible delivery and the NCAA does not allow leaping.

However, check out the Strike Zone adjustment. The NPF uses that of the ASA and other your organizations. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I watched a game and they chased a pitcher (ex-Nebraska?) out for her gym stepping. IIRC, they got Nevins for it too.

You would think at that level, knowing the consequences, IP wouldn't be an issue. Even more so at this point of the season :eek:

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
Very few FB over 64 to 65 mph. Goes to show that movement and control win games. Cat threw some in I think 68 to 69 range but very few. That speed surprised me to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose