US Club Rankings-Parity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The 2019 rankings (based on tourney finishes)have been posted but are not final since they have to run their 3 year algorithms. What I find interesting is that out of the top 20 teams there are only 4 teams from California. My point is there is some really great softball being played throughout this country right now. Everyone always says how great SoCal softball is. But dang! Here's a breakdown by state of the top 20 just based on these preliminary results. There will be some shuffling after the ballots are tallied. Does anyone on here have a kid on any of these teams? Being able to claim a top 100 spot is a feat in itself.

Disclaimer: Some of these teams pull kids from outside of their home state.

TX-6
CA-4
GA-2
FL-1
OR-1
MO-1
PA-1
NJ-1
AZ-1
MN-1
AL-1

I noticed that teams that play in the Fireworks tend to get more points than teams that play in the IDT tourney. Fireworks is a double elimination format and IDT is single elimination which in my opinion is very tough with much stronger competition. I see a bunch of really strong teams that lost their first game and are sent home to only receive 10 points. I could go on, but I just wanted to make that point.

Nov 18, 2015
Are these NFCA rankings? USSSA? And does this account for multiple age levels?

Thanks.

Jun 8, 2016
I think those are the NFCA rankings for 18's. DD's org sent out social media posts about their rankings..at first I was like woohoo some good rankings..then I re-thought my excitement ,as my kid is 10, and said to myself who cares :ROFLMAO:

Nov 18, 2015
I think those are the NFCA rankings for 18's. DD's org sent out social media posts about their rankings..at first I was like woohoo some good rankings..then I re-thought my excitement ,as my kid is 10, and said to myself who cares :ROFLMAO:
Or you can think of it as only having another $10k or so to go... ?

Apr 1, 2017
Nothing to do with softball, more of a statistics comment. One person sees only 4 from California as parity (20% of the list). I see 50% of the teams being from 2 states.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
www.usclubrankings.com

Not NFCA. Tracks 14U, 16U and 18U. These are the real deal travel ball orgs. It's a good site to check on which teams did what during their summer runs. It's also a good tool to verify the credentials of a team spouting nonsense. re: "We got 3rd place at Nationals." Ok. Which Nationals and who was playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardSwinson