Unsafe and Toxic Culture-UH Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
There are obviously some disturbing things being said, but these guys mostly just rambled about very little for the entire show.

A coach threatening players and withholding food is 100% termination-worthy, no doubt. What exactly is the gun allegation? Just curious, because it's not illegal to carry a concealed firearm on college campuses in Texas. They basically have said a player carried one and threatened another player, but nothing further was stated. Literally no details. She said she shot a dog. No context there either. I'm not implying that she didn't legitimately threaten someone, but feeling threatened is a very subjective experience. Some people are scared just knowing there's a gun around them. That's fine and all, but it doesn't mean laws are being broken.

I'd love to read the allegations if they're around.

May 29, 2015
There are obviously some disturbing things being said, but these guys mostly just rambled about very little for the entire show.

A coach threatening players and withholding food is 100% termination-worthy, no doubt. What exactly is the gun allegation? Just curious, because it's not illegal to carry a concealed firearm on college campuses in Texas. They basically have said a player carried one and threatened another player, but nothing further was stated. Literally no details. She said she shot a dog. No context there either. I'm not implying that she didn't legitimately threaten someone, but feeling threatened is a very subjective experience. Some people are scared just knowing there's a gun around them. That's fine and all, but it doesn't mean laws are being broken.

I'd love to read the allegations if they're around.

I will agree with you that the overall content was a bit lacking. It was more of a heartfelt "We want our alma mater to be better."

Regarding the gun allegation, they did mention that carrying is legal there and it is possible the player has a permit. They said it might not be anything while on campus, but travelling could be an issue. They also said they didn't do a deep dive investigative journalism piece, that they are just some alumnae who care about their school.

You said you'd like to read the allegations, why not the alleged investigation report? That is their other big point . . . the school is saying these things were investigated, but nothing was ever issued for findings or even acknowledgement of the investigations.

Jun 29, 2023
I find all of this very interesting because I actually ran into DD’s old TB coach last week. We were talking about our previous teams and the recruiting process and how many of our players had quit softball during college, transferred to a different school, or shared very negative experiences during their college careers.

It’s sad, really, to think that some of these coaches put on a fake persona during the recruiting process and all of a sudden it’s like a different coach once the player steps foot on campus to start college. I don’t understand it. Never will. Some people are just not meant to be coaches nor should they be entrusted to be such a big part of a young adult’s life for the first time they leave their home.
One of my daughter's pitching mate's brother plays baseball at a power 4. Dad says it's crazy what they were sold to what is actually happening. He also says, the college world series silly stories about coaches being family men are a God damn joke too.

Jan 25, 2022
I will agree with you that the overall content was a bit lacking. It was more of a heartfelt "We want our alma mater to be better."

Regarding the gun allegation, they did mention that carrying is legal there and it is possible the player has a permit. They said it might not be anything while on campus, but travelling could be an issue. They also said they didn't do a deep dive investigative journalism piece, that they are just some alumnae who care about their school.

You said you'd like to read the allegations, why not the alleged investigation report? That is their other big point . . . the school is saying these things were investigated, but nothing was ever issued for findings or even acknowledgement of the investigations.
My bad. I missed where they mentioned about the legality of carrying there. Maybe it's dumb to say this in america 2024, but a gun threat on campus is something I wouldn't expect to be taken lightly. Then again, it's Texas, so...

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I was referring to the HC and AC sleeping with one another in a non-disclosed relationship.
With regards to the UH head coach...she is married to Jazz Jackson one of the heads of the Impact Gold organization. There is a distinct, direct and obvious pipeline from IG org to UH. If you aren't "Gold Blooded" you have very little shot at playing there. However, that has changed a bit recently. Lot's of portal action going both ways.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
With regards to the UH head coach...she is married to Jazz Jackson one of the heads of the Impact Gold organization. There is a distinct, direct and obvious pipeline from IG org to UH. If you aren't "Gold Blooded" you have very little shot at playing there. However, that has changed a bit recently. Lot's of portal action going both ways.
The same thing happens at Duke between Marissa Young and James Lamar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym