Turf Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2019
What is everyone's opinions on turf cleats this year. My DD always has liked the new balance but she complains about slipping in them. She wears mizuno metal cleats and I saw that they have some decent looking turfs. Also the there is 2 types of nike turfs,I believe one is baseball, but they look to have alot more traction. Thanks for info.

Feb 14, 2019
What is everyone's opinions on turf cleats this year. My DD always has liked the new balance but she complains about slipping in them. She wears mizuno metal cleats and I saw that they have some decent looking turfs. Also the there is 2 types of nike turfs,I believe one is baseball, but they look to have alot more traction. Thanks for info.
My DD has a pair of Ringor Flite that we bought primarily for pitching lessons. For games on turf, she's been using a pair of rubber molded cleats which she says give her better traction than her turfs, especially when the turf is a little wet.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter has turfs, molded, and spikes, and she prefers New Balance, but her school has a contract with Ringor, so that's what she wears now.

Here's what she uses each of them for.
1) Spikes are used on dirt fields.
2) Molded are used on turf fields.
3) Turfs are used indoors.

Turf shoes don't give her the grip she needs when pitching, especially on the rubber-filled turf most fields use now. She is not crazy about the Ringor since they don't make wide in turf shoes, so her coaches allow her to use her New Balance turf shoes indoors.

Feb 24, 2022
My DD has been wearing Nike turf cleats for a few years and I think that they do have more grip than NB. My DD is an outfielder, and has never complained about slipping. To be fair, we do have a decent amount of girls that wear the NB turf shoes and I have not heard or seen any issues.

Aug 5, 2022
My daughter has turfs, molded, and spikes, and she prefers New Balance, but her school has a contract with Ringor, so that's what she wears now.

Turf shoes don't give her the grip she needs when pitching, especially on the rubber-filled turf most fields use now. She is not crazy about the Ringor since they don't make wide in turf shoes, so her coaches allow her to use her New Balance turf shoes indoors.

This is mine as well. We also had a turf field for high school and she wore molded on it as turfs were way to slippery especially in the rain. She also preferred new balance but is now in Nike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2014
I get a chuckle when I see schools or organizations limit what you wear or consume...

no cleats
no seeds
no gum

no fun ?

Played at one facility this year with a turf infield and grass outfield yet cleats were banned... played at a neighboring facility that was turf with different fillers (sand, rubber, and rock) and there were no stipulations.

Moral of the story is build a better surface and let the players decide.

Aug 5, 2022
I get a chuckle when I see schools or organizations limit what you wear or consume...

no cleats
no seeds
no gum

no fun ?

Played at one facility this year with a turf infield and grass outfield yet cleats were banned... played at a neighboring facility that was turf with different fillers (sand, rubber, and rock) and there were no stipulations.

Moral of the story is build a better surface and let the players decide.

Colleges have contracts and larger organizations do as well…this is why my daughter is now in Nike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2023

Interesting- my daughter has always played in turfs on turf fields- but she has pair of molded cleats - maybe I’ll have her try pitching in those on turf fields.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Interesting- my daughter has always played in turfs on turf fields- but she has pair of molded cleats - maybe I’ll have her try pitching in those on turf fields.
This is a factor is the fields with the rubber pellets and wet turf. If it was old school AstroTurf, the turf shoes would be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hcm1940