Troll control

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
It occurred to me sitting here browsing DFP on my mobile phone, an authenticaion process which includes the host requesting a mobile phone number, then sending a verification code text message which the new member must enter to complete the registration process, would only allow one user per mobile phone number and would stop the multiple alias troll problem.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It occurred to me sitting here browsing DFP on my mobile phone, an authenticaion process which includes the host requesting a mobile phone number, then sending a verification code text message which the new member must enter to complete the registration process, would only allow one user per mobile phone number and would stop the multiple alias troll problem.

What about people using a laptop or desktop computer? I suppose it's possible that someone, somewhere doesn't have a mobile phone.

Jun 18, 2010
What about people using a laptop or desktop computer? I suppose it's possible that someone, somewhere doesn't have a mobile phone.

I am talking about the one time registration process. To complete registration you have to enter a code sent to your mobile phone.

Perhaps an alternate use case on the rare occasion a new member does not have a mobile phone, the new member would be restricted to X posts per week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom