Tried & True tips for de-stinking a glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If the inside of the glove still stinks why not take a change and put some Obenhauf's in there too???

Oct 16, 2014
If the inside of the glove still stinks why not take a change and put some Obenhauf's in there too???

I did . As far as I could get it in there. I mean its a little better but not really. I'm sure by July it will be nice and ripe. I may go with 999's advice above. Also, we got her an Xprotex inner glove to wear inside of it in the meantime. When I first gave it to her she was annoyed at me, acting like wearing that inner glove made her look like she had a special need or something and she recoiled at the thought. But within 10 minutes of playing catch with dad with it on in her glove and she was sold. Played like a rockstar in practice that night with it too (maybe the wrist protection made her feel good, she's been taking some bad hops at 3rd lately and been laced a couple times). At any rate this will keep the stink directly off her hand thru summer. If she ends up with a new glove she will wear the inner glove from the beginning. Lesson learned. :cool:

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you decide to go with a new glove contact [MENTION=2498]casedawg51[/MENTION] and ask him to hook you up. My DD has had her Vinci BV1929-L for 2 years and it does not have any smell and still has lots of years left.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD had a Wilson glove and was stinking. I searched the internet for ways to get rid of the stench but nothing seemed to work. This glove is in my garage as an emergency backup as it's in good shape except for the smell! LOL.

Ended up going with a Wilson A2000. It's starting to get a little ripe so will try some of the suggestions above.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I have a problem with funk as well. Less so with my hands than my feet. I found for my cleats, if I stick a little cloth bag like they use for potpourri of cheap, loose leaf tea or tea bags in my cleats helps. It also helps I febreeze my cleats and keep a little potpourri bag in my equipment bag.

Oct 4, 2018
Just cleaned my older DD's two gloves last night. Always feels good to get them back in better shape. I should probably do it twice per year instead of just once. I don't clean the inside much, but do apply a new coat of mink oil on the inside. So far no smell issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma