Tourney schedule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
There is a tournament in Caldwell Idaho called Moonlight Madness. The games start Friday night and continue around the clock until Sunday morning. It's funny to go to a 6:00am game watching the teams finishing the 2:00AM and 4:00AM games. The games in the middle of the night are mostly 18U and 16U. I have no idea who thought this up. I expect a Sadist.
Crazy! Couldn't do that here, it'd be Mosquito Madness.

Jun 18, 2023
There is a tournament in Caldwell Idaho called Moonlight Madness. The games start Friday night and continue around the clock until Sunday morning. It's funny to go to a 6:00am game watching the teams finishing the 2:00AM and 4:00AM games. The games in the middle of the night are mostly 18U and 16U. I have no idea who thought this up. I expect a Sadist.

I love it. I don't think any of the towns around here would let the fields be used like that though. Do parents man the snack stand at 4am?

Dec 19, 2021
Several years ago DD played an "All-Nighter" tourney. First game at 4:30 PM, last game finished around 7AM. 5 games. They won on a walk-off bloop single, so was all worth it. I got some nice pics of the sunrise. DD was asleep in the car before we hit the freeway.

At about 1:30AM their team started dancing to some music, then another team joined in, then another. Pretty soon 5 teams were lined up on the first base line dancing together while the parents tried to stay awake.

These happen a couple times a summer here as a way to beat the heat.

May 20, 2016
DD has had one or two of them in the past. Our coach would just forfeit one of the games, usually the late one. Doesn't really matter as you have to win bracket games regardless. No reason to beat all the kids up to play the team you'd probably play anyway in the final if you stayed until the wee hours of the morning the night before.

Jul 18, 2022
DD has had one or two of them in the past. Our coach would just forfeit one of the games, usually the late one. Doesn't really matter as you have to win bracket games regardless. No reason to beat all the kids up to play the team you'd probably play anyway in the final if you stayed until the wee hours of the morning the night before.
DD's team did this a couple of weeks ago. Pool play game with no real benefit in winning the last game (bracket placement was locked), it was 98degrees out with 2hrs to wait for the game. All the parents agreed it wasn't worth it and the team forfeited. Best decision ever.

Feb 24, 2022
We have indoor tournaments in our area that start at 4pm or 5pm and run until around 2am. It was a cool novelty until I was driving 90min home at 2:30am!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing