Too many pitchers!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Yep... Glad she is happy. I know what you mean. Remember me not wanting to put the time into hitting. Your energy Zapped after Pitching Practice. Focus can only go soo far @ a time. She got a guest game, with no hitters on team. The Coach put her batting 4th... she put one over... :cool:

Oct 22, 2010
Yep... Glad she is happy. I know what you mean. Remember me not wanting to put the time into hitting. Your energy Zapped after Pitching Practice. Focus can only go soo far @ a time. She got a guest game, with no hitters on team. The Coach put her batting 4th... she put one over... :cool:

The only numbers that truly matter! :)

Really hate to derail this thread, but how common is it to find a camp that takes these readings ? Done 3 college camps since school ended and none have done it so far. One was pitching only.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
At the older age groups, 16U and 18U, 3 pitchers is a good number and a 4th if she also plays another position. If you have 4 or 5 "pitch and sit" players, no one is going to be happy.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Really hate to derail this thread, but how common is it to find a camp that takes these readings ? Done 3 college camps since school ended and none have done it so far. One was pitching only.

I had a PC do DD's as an Analysis... You want to get the figures when you start as benchmark, to rate improvements.

Jun 12, 2015
It seems very complicated to try to balance the number of pitchers - where they're getting enough time but you're not completely toast if one of them gets hurt or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd