TN high school playoffs update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
That one was ugly, might be Miller time back at the hotel. Errors, we went through all 3 pitchers, think we had 3 total hits. DD hit a HR, but when you're down by 5 and it's a solo, it kinda kills the moment.

Very very good team, solid from top to bottom. 7-1 I think, I passed out about the 4th inning. Do or die tomorrow at 10.

Dec 25, 2010
That one was ugly, might be Miller time back at the hotel. Errors, we went through all 3 pitchers, think we had 3 total hits. DD hit a HR, but when you're down by 5 and it's a solo, it kinda kills the moment.

Very very good team, solid from top to bottom. 7-1 I think, I passed out about the 4th inning. Do or die tomorrow at 10.

Good luck GD

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
8747ccc8f515d52ec43edb48e9e06e86_zps9e4e3714.jpg
[/IMG]

Reading one of the articles in a smaller paper that came out today about our sub-state win carrying us to state. I never ask what quote my DD says to the reporters, I like to wait and just see where her mind is and how she words things.

Reading her last line reminded me how lucky we are to even make it to state this year. We've been plagued with injuries all year while all the other years have been relatively healthy. We lost our two D1 SS and 3b, one will have hip surgery after state and one broke her hand on a sliding tag. We lost our D2 catcher to a "Twitter" episode. Yesterday we lost our LF who sprained her ankle siding into second.

Even though there has been a cloud of disappointment due to things beyond our control, the girls never gave up. The underclassmen who have filled in have given it 100%, the leadership I've seen from the remaining seniors has been impressive at that age.

We might not have the star role in this year's "play", but we did have the oppotunity to make it back on the "stage". Do or die game starts in 40 mins, whatever happens I'm VERY proud of the girls for their desire to do the best they could with what they had. Love them.

I Was on the TSSAA site and saw the scores. Your girls had a great run and a lot to be proud of1
We always hoped that my DD1's teams would make it to state, but they never got close enough to sniff it. I hope you got lots of pictures and memories to cherish. It really is quite an achievement. You have to have a big group of dedicated people, (that are doing the right things, and doing them well) to get there. Sounds like your community, administration and players really know what it takes and your daughter was a big part of setting the example.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I Was on the TSSAA site and saw the scores. Your girls had a great run and a lot to be proud of1
We always hoped that my DD1's teams would make it to state, but they never got close enough to sniff it. I hope you got lots of pictures and memories to cherish. It really is quite an achievement. You have to have a big group of dedicated people, (that are doing the right things, and doing them well) to get there. Sounds like your community, administration and players really know what it takes and your daughter was a big part of setting the example.

I'm just now breathing on my own, thanks to the great EMS responders and a few shocks with the defibrillator.

It has been a fun 4 years. I've learned so much from these young ladies. I've entered my last high school stat for this team and my DD. Time to turn the page to the next chapter and enjoy some college ball.

Thanks to all of you who joined me and kept up with us.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Congratulations to the young ladies from Munford on a remarkable season and good luck with whatever the future may bring. The friendships and memories of what they accomplished and achieved together are the rewards that they will treasure in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl