TN high school playoffs update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Got some late ink just published on Monday's and last night's games.

4c413f710698bcd727ba6e1079190e7f_zpsd1db3190.jpg
[/IMG]

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Wow, sounds like a great game. Congrats to both DDs. If I understand correctly that both teams advance, it sounds like District 13 will be a force to reckon with in the next round of the playoffs. Best of luck! Maybe PC or rdbass can make a "Go D13" avatar for DFPers to fly in support!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Wow, sounds like a great game. Congrats to both DDs. If I understand correctly that both teams advance, it sounds like District 13 will be a force to reckon with in the next round of the playoffs. Best of luck! Maybe PC or rdbass can make a "Go D13" avatar for DFPers to fly in support!

I would do anything to see you change your crusty old avatar...GM... :p

2 Stars-N-Tenn Avatar
click on link ^>right click on the image>save to your computer (desktop)>DPF Settings>Edit Avatar>Choose File (wherever you saved it...no one ever understands me) >save changes :cool:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012
Well it was a battle amongst new found friends. After both our teams won Monday at the semi region, the stage was set for yet another meeting between us for the regional title.

ADESDAD text me late Monday night his DD would be in the circle, and I found out Tuesday mine would represent her school from the rubber. *It would be the first time of our 6 games played against each other our two DD's would lead their team at the same time from the pitcher's position. I believe ADESDAD and myself wouldn't want it any other way, we talk by text almost on a daily basis and Ive enjoyed sharing the season with them.

We knew the game would be a good pitching duel, what we didn't know is it would also become a batting duel. Ade was the first to strike in the bottom of the 1st with an RBI taking the lead 0-1 and putting the pressure on. My DD answered back top of 2nd with a base hit who later scored making it 1-1.

The game went on with runners stranded and scoreless until the top of the 7th. DD led off with a line drive to left field who made an error and ended up a double. At that time the home team makes a pitching change, and it didn't work out. ( I believe they should have left Ade in, we hadnt seen her as much as the relief, and Ade was doing a great job ) Next batter RBI's in DD's courtesy runner 2-1.

Now we just got to hold them, bottom of 7th. Lead off batter is plunked by DD. Next is a bunt back to DD and runners are safe, 1st and 2nd. Sac bunt moves runners to 2nd and 3rd, one out. Alex K's next batter swinging. Next batter grounds out to 2b. Game over and I can breathe again. lol

We made history last night for Munford, it's the first time in 27 years we earned to host the sub-state game.

Funny side note: Ades team and ours have alternated winner for 6 games in a row.

I told ADESDAD last night I look forward to following his DD's career. We play in a very competitive district and state classification. For his DD ( a freshman ) to pitch in the biggest game ( so far ) this season shows they have great confidence in her abilities. For her to produce the only run for her team shows her determination.

I'm proud of both teams and both young ladies, they all shined last night. :)

congrats to the Munford Softball team....still alive!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I would do anything to see you change your crusty old avatar...GM... :p

2 Stars-N-Tenn Avatar
click on link ^>right click on the image>save to your computer (desktop)>DPF Settings>Edit Avatar>Choose File (wherever you saved it...no one ever understands me) >save changes :cool:

What's that about old dogs learning new tricks? Go District 13!

PS Oh Lord, just realized that now my avy is the same as PC's!!! That does allow me to use "you must have me confused with PC" if I happen to upset anyone with a posting.

PPS Thanks PC, for the avy and the excuse

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
What's that about old dogs learning new tricks? Go District 13!

PS Oh Lord, just realized that now my avy is the same as PC's!!! That does allow me to use "you must have me confused with PC" if I happen to upset anyone with a posting.

PPS Thanks PC, for the avy and the excuse

Wished we could stream GD's & AD's games...I'd trade all the NCAA regional's ...and would just wait for the reply of the Championship just to to see a couple of them guys games...

Never thought about that... I'll say out of most conversations till we know the Big Winner in Tenn...:rolleyes:

Yep that was a myth on the old Dogs & new tricks... lol

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Wished we could stream GD's & AD's games...I'd trade all the NCAA regional's ...and would just waith for the reply of the Championship just to to see a couple of them guys games...

Never thought about that... I'll say out of most conversations till we know the Big Winner in Tenn...:rolleyes:

Yep that was a myth on the old Dogs & new tricks... lol

I just got my new battery for the gopro in the mail 20 mins ago. Charging as we speak and need to walk out the door in 15mins ( game at 4 ) then graduation at 7. Not sure how much charge I can get on it, but I'll video as long as it will run.

Go Cougars!!!

Interesting. I've never known much about softball. I live in Eastern NC now, wonder what the scene is like over here? TN will always be home though, East TN that is. That other side of the state might as well be another state. :p (I've lived in ever corner: Jackson, Nashville, Crossville, Knoxville, and JC.)

I agree with you, there is No place like home. When we lived in Middle TN, (Columbia and M'boro) we loved the people, but it was just a little different. Maybe it was never having a mountain on the horizon or something.
So grateful that when we got the option of coming home we took it. Could have moved to San Antonio, and would probably been quite content, but we made the right choice.
I am losing one of my MS girls over the summer, will be moving to the Greeneville NC area.

Apr 16, 2013
I agree with you, there is No place like home. When we lived in Middle TN, (Columbia and M'boro) we loved the people, but it was just a little different. Maybe it was never having a mountain on the horizon or something.
So grateful that when we got the option of coming home we took it. Could have moved to San Antonio, and would probably been quite content, but we made the right choice.
I am losing one of my MS girls over the summer, will be moving to the Greeneville NC area.

I miss East TN big time. I do like the warmer winters over here, but I miss the mountains SOOOO much. I think the girl moving over here will miss it too!

Sorry for the thread bastardization GD. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Had to move the game time back to 4pm due to we have graduation tonight too. I was disappointed in the crowd but I guess some folks gotta work. lol

Good tight game 0-0 until the forth, then we started laying off the junk and were more patient for a good pitch. Went up 0-9. Once we got about 4 runs their pitcher got rattled.

I think they too settled down in the box and started hitting our pitcher pretty good, scored 3 in the top of the 5th. We answered back scoring 3 more in the bottom.............

And then it happened!! My Alex came up to bat for the last time on our home field, worked the count a bit, and smashed one to left-center for a walk off hit.*
13-3 final.*

You'll see at the end she had no clue she drove in the winning run. They just kept running back and forth like they were lost in the jungle. Hahaha

Alex's college coach came to watch and I enjoyed sitting with him during the game. Really nice guy and I believe she will enjoy playing for him greatly.

HEADING TO STATE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl