Throw like a girl-Mo'ne Davis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Am I the only one who kinda puked in my mouth when they saw this last night during the world series? It came off as so contrived and ham fisted, just fell really flat. Maybe it was the fact that it was a car company that threw me, but it just seemed dislocated and atonal. I think there is a cool message there, but I'd rather see the Nike folks come up with something for Mo'ne.

Welcome to the technical advertising forum.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I liked the Chevy commercial, except for the end, where it became about playing w/ boys and ''reminding us that anything is possible.''

Kinda patronizing. Just show us who she is and what she does and let that stand on its own merit. I like that part.

Don't end it with, 'Wow, girls can do what boys can do!!" Like no kidding. Who that is important said they couldn't?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
^^^

see now that is some execution....damn near brought a tear to my eye....ok....brought a tear to my eye but it didn't fall so it doesn't count as crying.

You must have gotten some infield dirt in your eye. That's my story, anyway...

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Do not really know if it qualifies as a commercial. More like a tribute but not sure to what. As for commercials and girls softball there is a gold stand by which all others must be judged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AY0noNVBM8

I can't view it. :(

c005ed535257946e4350ba190c74e8ee_zpsdce3fdbd.jpg
[/IMG]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom