The DVR might be the death of me.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Yes, I HATE that! I routinely add an extra hour to the recording time and sometimes that's still not enough. I watched a recording of a UCLA/Arizona game the other day, where on a whim, I had added an extra hour and a half. Thank goodness! There was a walkoff home run in the 10th. The game ended with only a few minutes left to spare in the recording. The rebroadcasts are safer, because they will end on time, but they stink, because the editors will just blindly cut out huge swaths of the game.

I had only set mine for an extra 1/2 hour. . .not happy. . .missed the end of the LSU game, but I went ahead and stayed up to watch the replay at midnight. I am paying for it today. :p

It seems that there has been quite a few this year that have gone over.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I had only set mine for an extra 1/2 hour. . .not happy. . .missed the end of the LSU game, but I went ahead and stayed up to watch the replay at midnight. I am paying for it today. :p

It seems that there has been quite a few this year that have gone over.

The announcers were talking about this in a recent game I watched. It's because there are so many time outs, pitching changes, coaches complaining, etc... It seems like this is happening way more than it used to. One reason I enjoy softball is because it is a FAST game. If I want to watch a SLOW game I will watch baseball :D

Feb 22, 2013
From my arm chair umpiring position on the Lazy Boy with the remote in my hand, I've often wondered if the strike zone gets smaller when the game is televised on national t.v.

This has been one of the better years that I can remember for national college softball coverage. I'm getting to watch 4 to 6 games a week on ESPN and it isn't even the playoffs yet. The more coverage that women's softball gets, the faster the sport will grow. Gotta love ESPN and the sponsors.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
From my arm chair umpiring position on the Lazy Boy with the remote in my hand, I've often wondered if the strike zone gets smaller when the game is televised on national t.v.

This has been one of the better years that I can remember for national college softball coverage. I'm getting to watch 4 to 6 games a week on ESPN and it isn't even the playoffs yet. The more coverage that women's softball gets, the faster the sport will grow. Gotta love ESPN and the sponsors.

Yes that strike zone is challenging at times

Many games in the next few days/weeks.

The thing that i would like to see them change is more close up front views of pitchers motion/release, it's not very often they do show this. Personal opinion, shows length of stride, release and maybe better whip view, so the young up and comers get a good look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl