The Batter / Pitcher Thing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
Pitchers wear sunglasses many times, so the batter cannot see the eyes.

Pitchers change their "cadence" to get an advantage. Slow to address or fast.

My ballplayer learned when rather young 12U, from a coach how to combat the slow to address pitcher. My DD stands with her bat resting on her shoulder, very relaxed. Once the pitchers addresses the ball, she immediately gets into her hitting stance. Completely takes away a pitcher playing head games while being slow to address the ball.

In HS, she does not have to do it much, as most pitchers try to move the game along, not trying the trick. Still happens on occasion, when a pitcher waits a long, long time to get a pitch sign, my DD just stands there very relaxed with bat on shoulder. Once hands come together, she crouches. Completely takes away the pitchers attempt to get in the hitters head, and I think reverses this tactic to the advantage of the hitter.

Because she has been doing it so long, the relaxed hitter just stands there waiting, and unnerves the pitcher.

Apr 22, 2013
My pitcher starts out hands apart: Gets her signal, puts her glove in front of her face, covering her eyes with hand in glove and slowly brings it down to just under the eyes with the deadpan look. Then starts...
Also

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06