Team Rules~No player/parent interaction at the ballpark

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
The Scrapyard Dawgs (Internationals) 18U team when they used to have a team would travel on a team bus and those kids were basically sequestered away from their parents almost the entire time. A parent told me it was crazy. But Connie May wanted to prepare the players for the college life. I disagree somewhat. They are still kids and can live the college life when they get to college. Others may disagree or agree. But at least you have choices. Too bad the organization fell apart due to Wokeism.

Sounds like it fell apart due to fascism.

Oct 4, 2018
RAD replied with “introverts aside,” but some kids are introverted which is why a blanket rule about staying together all day can be counterproductive.

When we’re at a tournament all day, DD needs that time in the car between games. She usually closes her eyes, puts in her headphones, and just enjoys the air conditioning. After 40 minutes, she’s refreshed and ready to go.

If I spot a group of her teammates hanging together, I often have to prompt her to go and join them. She does, when she’s ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of a Facebook post I stupidly walked into where parents were saying going to the car for AC between games was bad for girls.

I replied with something like "yeah, and you shouldn't give them water when they're thirsty either".

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Reminds me of a Facebook post I stupidly walked into where parents were saying going to the car for AC between games was bad for girls.

I replied with something like "yeah, and you shouldn't give them water when they're thirsty either".
Think there is a good point to be made that people start getting exaggerated thinking that players won't be able to have water to get hydrated simply because there's some standards with the team.

Of course and pretty sure there's been a lot of common sense used involved in facilitating a team like this..

But as some people like to
jump into the deep end exaggerating their thoughts trying to negate something they disagree with instead of thinking through with some common sense.
*Simply the coaches have successfully ran his team for decades like this.

But...Just like any post... it's hard to give every single detail for everything mentioned.
The best thing to recognize is how successful thus has been for this team and no one died of heat exhaustion or dehydration. Thankfully because common sense is used. That obviously isn't very common for everybody anymore...

It is a lot more common for people wanting to protect their kids which is understandable. But just because someone wants to have a standard on their team doesn't mean they don't give a squat about the players health!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
Think there is a good point to be made that people start getting exaggerated thinking that players won't be able to have water to get hydrated simply because there's some standards with the team.

Of course and pretty sure there's been a lot of common sense used involved in facilitating a team like this..

But as some people like to
jump into the deep end exaggerating their thoughts trying to negate something they disagree with instead of thinking through with some common sense.
*Simply the coaches have successfully ran his team for decades like this.

But...Just like any post... it's hard to give every single detail for everything mentioned.
The best thing to recognize is how successful thus has been for this team and no one died of heat exhaustion or dehydration. Thankfully because common sense is used. That obviously isn't very common for everybody anymore...

It is a lot more common for people wanting to protect their kids which is understandable. But just because someone wants to have a standard on their team doesn't mean they don't give a squat about the players health!
You're not being fair here Rad. Your first post said --

There would be no player to parent interaction at the Ballpark at all.
Players are to arrive ready to go for the day including a lunch box and all water Gatorade and such for the day.

Now all of the sudden people are exaggerating and not using common sense??? What the heck, are we supposed to be mind readers? You said what you said. We responded. Now you're making us out to be exaggerators because we didn't use common sense on something that you didn't describe well? Come on now, you're better than this. Some humility would go a long way here.

Jul 14, 2018
To be clear I did not dismiss introverts.

I commented that I agree that not all environments are for everybody. That includes all individual nuances.
*Not only introverts.

The next comments in the thread were about having a choice of who to play for think it's good that people have choices.

Sorry, I was paraphrasing

Having choices is a good thing, as long as expectations are clearly spelled out.

So if there was a coach at a tryout who gathered the parents together and announced, “If you are invited to play for me, I expect that you will have no contact with your daughter from the time you arrive until after the last game of the day,” I’d be a little leery. And grateful, that he/she spelled that out and we could shift our focus to finding a different team.

This board is filled with horror stories about coaches who are bad people but continue to attract good players because they have a reputation for winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Dec 13, 2019
You're...
That's right the coaches do not want the parents interacting with the players. That doesn't mean abandonment of paying attention to the health of the players LOL

No, what's not fair or rather i think is silly
Is people jumping into the deep end thinking that suddenly people aren't going to be sensible about water and the Heat. Of course we can't offer every minoot detail to a discussion.

Of course there has to be some flexibility to situations with extreme heat and extra-long game delays.

The point of the standard is to avoid parents interacting continually with the players and create team unity!

Btw to folks that think their daughters that have particular individual nuances are going to be obliged to always have time by themselves or others personal individual needs attended to that will not always be the case on teams and especially not when they get on a college team.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
That's right the coaches do not want the parents interacting with the players. That doesn't mean abandonment of paying attention to the health of the players LOL

No, what's not fair or rather i think is silly
Is people jumping into the deep end thinking that suddenly people aren't going to be sensible about water and the Heat. Of course we can't offer every minoot detail to a discussion.. use some sensibility would be helpful.
You are taking people to task for taking your words literally so does that mean you would be ok if we put words in your mouth? You can't have it both ways.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
To el oso there is no need for you to try and defend the fact that I offered some common sense into the discussion. Of course not all details can be intricately added to every post at the beginning. The topic was to open discussion

As for topics...
Take topics any direction you want to go. it's quite entertaining to see the different directions people can go with things. Even the extreme ways that people take things. Because of that...

*Had to let people know don't worry the health of the players is not being neglected.

To that point, it doesn't take the parents to be involved in every moment of their kid being at the field to make sure their kids are being facilitated well.
By the way these are young teenagers and growing teenagers not little kids

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG