Teaching how to properly hold a softball...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks for the perfect lead-in to Dan Blewett's video (he was a very good baseball pitcher who, I'm betting, played at a higher level than anyone here)
Lol..good for him. Doesn’t mean that thinking, right or wrong, that there would be similarities is “extraordinary”

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Dan Blewett knows what he's talking about and makes it clear you won't and don't need to get any certain grip on the seams:

(Last 30 seconds if you're impatient)

Also note this actually answers the OP and it is important to teach the proper grip.

He held the ball with 4 seams in every demonstration that he did except the very last one. Wonder why?

Here is another video by Dan Blewett. Who you just said knows what he is talking about. YOUR WELCOME. LMAO.

Jun 16, 2022
He held the ball with 4 seams in every demonstration that he did except the very last one. Wonder why?

Here is another video by Dan Blewett. Who you just said knows what he is talking about. YOUR WELCOME. LMAO.

You and I both know exactly why - as I said he was a career baseball pitcher. It's how just about any former baseball player would hold it. Old habits and preferences. But preferences don't make what you think happens in softball games actually happen.

By the way, I see you're still ignoring RAD's perfectly reasonable questions. I wonder why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie