Teaching how to properly hold a softball...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I literally quoted your pre-edit post...nice try.
Ah..yeah I added the not disagreeing part (I thought you were talking about me editing the male anatomy post) but that should have been obvious from the other stuff I posted in the thread.

May 13, 2023
Screenshot_20230822-163955_Chrome.jpg
Never did that myself and never have taught that either.
Another unnecessary thing that doesn't need to happen.

( that doesn't mean it can't happen, it just means it doesn't have to)

May 16, 2016
Illinois
That's fine each to their own opinion.
I definitely know that it is not necessary to utilize certain seams.

Care to share about if it takes longer to produce doing that? Since JD isn't around to answer a few questions I'll toss them to you. 😁🙂
Finding the seams on a routine plays or any play that a player is not rushed on does not take any extra time. You find the seams while you are doing your footwork to throw. Literally, no extra time on a play that is not rushed.

I even went as far as saying you don't find the seams on a slow roller which is a play that you would be rushed on.

May 13, 2023
Finding the seams on a routine plays or any play that a player is not rushed on does not take any extra time. You find the seams while you are doing your footwork to throw. Literally, no extra time on a play that is not rushed.

I even went as far as saying you don't find the seams on a slow roller which is a play that you would be rushed on.
Thanks for responding.
Can see you put on a not rushed play. That is an indication that it does take some amount of time to apply.
At least see you saying when there is time to do it....

Jun 8, 2016
As to the extraordinary claim part, I think the issue might be some of us played baseball past LL (that’s patronizing ) and in baseball it’s pretty common knowledge that you try and use a 4 seam grip if you can. Perhaps this is just a difference between softball and baseball..🤷🏽‍♂️

Jun 16, 2022
Dan Blewett knows what he's talking about and makes it clear you won't and don't need to get any certain grip on the seams:

(Last 30 seconds if you're impatient)

Also note this actually answers the OP and it is important to teach the proper grip.

Jun 16, 2022
As to the extraordinary claim part, I think the issue might be some of us played baseball past LL (that’s patronizing ) and in baseball it’s pretty common knowledge that you try and use a 4 seam grip if you can. Perhaps this is just a difference between softball and baseball..🤷🏽‍♂️
Thanks for the perfect lead-in to Dan Blewett's video (he was a very good baseball pitcher who, I'm betting, played at a higher level than anyone here)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207