Tallahassee and Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I'm sorry...everything you said after "FOG" is a blurr...as I've faded into long lost memories of Adrienne Barbeau.....Oooooo to be 14 again!

Now My heart's on fire Elvira Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow Heigh-ho Silver, away

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
So you just finished having practice. You’re at the park talking things over with your players and how well they did. Some of them are extremely excited about playing in an upcoming tourney. It’s dark at the park. You noticed that there is a slight fog coming in your way as well. You hear a very low mummer sound. You noticed that its coming from one of your parents. But they are walking really slowly and he looks really pale. You don’t know if he is sick or what. As he gets closer to your team you notice that he is actually about to pose a threat. He wants the brains of your players. He is a ZOMBIE!!!

What do you do..................???

If you're a normal Dad you know EXACTLY what to do because (like me) you night life from 2:30 - 4:00 am playing on your DD's XBox Call of Duty Game. So impress the kids by saying ..."stand back kids...i just grabbed the MP40 and the pump action shotgun off the wall...I got this!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
If you're a normal Dad you know EXACTLY what to do because (like me) you night life from 2:30 - 4:00 am playing on your DD's XBox Call of Duty Game. So impress the kids by saying ..."stand back kids...i just grabbed the MP40 and the pump action shotgun off the wall...I got this!

Don't forget to "pack a punch" those guns!!! :)

Nov 20, 2012
South Florida
Oh My the options!
Do I use the Rockettech to Powder that Zombie Melon, or do I get a little fancy and take the spikes off the portable pitching rubber and see if DD can use it to pitch a high too inside fastball (Lord knows she has had some days were opponents would swear that is her strong point). If I was more responsible I may use the Bownet to capture it (or maybe just exit the field and close the gates they seem to have trouble with locks). Maybe I have DD throw a Hook Kick and let the spikes do the Job (wait a minute she's 12 and uses molded cleats) scratch that idea.
Regardless of which method used, catcher gear should be on for protection, swing and pitching mechanics will be scrutinized and if DD takes him out with an illegal pitch I am going to find her another one so she can get it right!

Dec 7, 2011
Uh duh,....

The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the [gravitationally challenged].

Jul 26, 2010
Draft the zombie!

Seriously zombies make the best players and the best workers. They are persistent and never complain (unlike wahmpires). You'll never hear a zombie down in the dumps just because it struck out or had its leg torn off. You can expect them to try just as hard every time, no matter what. Just make sure to use a brain scented softball.

If that fails, well, that's why most softball teams usually have that one "soft" kid. You never have to be the fastest runner, just don't be the slowest. The same goes for bear hunting. Always bring your "soft" friend.

-W

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44