Bringing in new players mid season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
I agree with everything @black17 and many others have said ... but there is one thing that is bugging me (and it has been mentioned also) in this scenario ... they only have 10 players. IMO, they need two more regardless of the situation.

Another point I haven't seen brought up is team expenses ... what will these two new players be expected to pay and should you expect to see some refunds coming your way? Expenses/10 and expenses/12 can be a big difference.

Jun 3, 2021
Sounds like a great team short on numbers. You will have to go through the process. Remember that your Daughter needs a solid team around her to be at her best and push her to achieve at a higher level.

I had coaches I hated. But I learned positive and negative from all of them. One of the beautiful things about the process of this sport. Prepares you to win at life which hits you from all angles. It’s a journey or what I like to frame it as a battle. A battle to win at life and regardless of circumstance.

I’m always an assistant coach on my son and daughters teams. When parents come up to complain or ask questions I can point to the head coach who I will back. LOVE teaching the kids how to play the game right and have a winning mentality. I just am old school blood and guts who may not handle parents right at all times. I expect adults to be adults. Lol. Thankfully my daughters team has a great group of players and parents. Haven’t had to drag any dads out to the parking lot yet. 😝

All that is to say understand the situation and don’t be too reactive. For what it’s worth it really does bother me that the coach is taking credit. But I’m sure there are two sides to the story. Hopefully….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812