Taking a break

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
NWIN - Good luck to your DD. Is she a perfectionist with everything? I ask because that is a tough schedule for anyone?

What is summer gym class? (I am a former PE teacher.)

VB is very hard on shoulders. (moo)

Both my DD and I have had shoulder pain. It is the worst. Rehab of my shoulders (at 45) was tougher than childbirth. I had frozen shoulder, but with rehab and daily stretching I am better than ever.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
DD (12) has not picked up a ball since they finished 10 days ago. We will throw once or twice this week as she has a try-out on Sunday morning; then she will be shut down for at least another week as it is vacation.

Upon return from vacation she will just throw the minimum to stay prepared and loose for try-outs, which finish about 8/20. She will then shut down until after Labor day when Fall ball Starts. Fall Ball ends early November and team practice shut down until after New Year.

In season DD throws or pitches every other day and ice after games. Off-season (November-Feb/March), it is a once a week pitching lesson and a maximum of two 30 minute throwing sessions a week with one 30 minute hitting session, with not more than 300 pitches thrown for the week to minimize repetitive movement injuries.

Come March 1 we go great guns until sometime in late July.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
FJR-
I'm not opposed to giving my DD a break, but I don't want to spend two months "relearning" everything again. That's why I'm thinking give her a two week break, do fall ball, then another two weeks (MAYBE a month) and pick back up after Thanksgiving. I don't know.:confused:

Here's something to think about / my sugestion:
Suggest 2 longer breaks a year and a couple mini-breaks.
1) 4 weeks between Thanksgiving thru days after Christmas
2) 3 weeks after August
3) Sparingly, try and get her 3-4 days off after a couple months of working hard. (ie: Jan-March and a few days off. April-June and a few days off)
*** the break is refreshinig, SOMETHING she KNOWS is COMING which is HUGE. How would YOU like to work indefinitely without knowing the next time you get a break from work?
*** Don't we all, like kids look forward to the long 3-4 day holiday breaks at work during the year??????

Breaks should be long enough to have her READY and Willing to start up again, mentally refreshed, yet you are trying to judge not too long.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd