Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I don’t what makes him think you need to stay back. But I know it’s fatal. None of his ‘hitters’ match him.
By hitters you mean the models he uses and not people he actually teaches, right? If so that is easy. He is an unathletic 60+ YO man..

I have said this from the beginning. His biggest problem, if he has one, is that he doesn't emphasize a dynamically balanced move out, not that what he teaches prevents it.

Jun 8, 2016
he doesn’t match TM or Bonds.

edit: and no those two don’t match either 😆
All I am saying is that TM doesn't emphasize moving out properly (dynamically balanced) at all in his teaching. As we see on here, some kids do it fine, some don't, regardless of what was or wasn't taught. If you have somebody who isn't able to do it naturally, then you need to work on it. AJ had an issue with his move out before he worked with TM and still does, because nothing was done to help with it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
By hitters you mean the models he uses and not people he actually teaches, right? If so that is easy. He is an unathletic 60+ YO man..

I have said this from the beginning. His biggest problem, if he has one, is that he doesn't emphasize a dynamically balanced move out, not that what he teaches prevents it.

he doesn’t teach it bc he used to think you hit from the back leg.. he knows better now. But can’t go back now.. he spews too much.. not humble.. knows all.. his ego is in his way.. thats why TTB is still around.. gotta produce force somehow.. bypasses the middle.. uses the hands..

Jun 8, 2016
he doesn’t teach it bc he used to think you hit from the back leg.. he knows better now. But can’t go back now.. he spews too much.. not humble.. knows all.. his ego is in his way.. thats why TTB is still around.. gotta produce force somehow.. bypasses the middle.. uses the hands..
This is the conversation we had last week. You can be dynamically balanced and have very little pressure on the front foot (which is his "back leg hitting") since, like you said last week, your COG gets to the middle while your foot is still in the air. Whether that is good or bad is a different conversation...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
All I am saying is that TM doesn't emphasize moving out properly (dynamically balanced) at all in his teaching. As we see on here, some kids do it fine, some don't, regardless of what was or wasn't taught. If you have somebody who isn't able to do it naturally, then you need to work on it. AJ had an issue with his move out before he worked with TM and still does, because nothing was done to help with it.

Ok. I thought he said the pull back balanced out the forward move? Wrong imo. The back knee does that via the ‘elevator’. The hands back does assist to an extent via keeping the obliques back..

Do you like my new guru hitting term? LOL.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This is the conversation we had last week. You can be dynamically balanced and have very little pressure on the front foot (which is his "back leg hitting") since, like you said last week, your COG gets to the middle while your foot is still in the air. Whether that is good or bad is a different conversation...

you keep steering it here 😆. The back knee is the key to the forward move. Along w a sequential load. You know you gotta get ‘forward’ before you swing or it’s spin city.