Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017

I'm not following with how that has anything to do with ankle mobility. At least concerning the swaying portion. In my mind it simply has to do with the players understanding of how to control the rear leg. Just my opinion. I'm no expert on the subject. Just my experience.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Not the best example here !! But hopefully one can see the middle contracting on the left against the hips extending while swinging "down to" vs on the right maintaining anterior pelvic tilt and spinning/rotating.

Ed194h5.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
By "Get the knee working through" is that actively, or that simply because the sequence will make it happen automatically?

its resistance to set up leverage and then it’s a release or push into the back hip which pushes the front hip open against the obliques being stretched backwards. which pulls the torso and hands forward. @Shawn mentioned it pages back. Lower open while upper is opposite. Or FYB if you like.

watch the back knee in relation to the front hip. When one releases/pushes the other opens while the hands are still back. For me it’s a release. Others might feel something different. That’s subjective. But if you get the sequence right, you will feel the stretch along w the reflex. Did that answer your question?

look at the difference. Much different. One is horizontal and the other is vertical. One is together and the other is sequential.

1641405399630.gif

Edit: you can actually argue that TMs hands are first.