Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
On earth we look up to see the moon. So one might think on the moon we would look down at the earth. It doesn’t work that way.

Logically this makes all the sense in the world, but it still blows my mind.

I think it's because in TV/movies, they always frame the shot so you see the Moon with the Earth behind/below it on the screen. B

Oct 26, 2019
Logically this makes all the sense in the world, but it still blows my mind.

I think it's because in TV/movies, they always frame the shot so you see the Moon with the Earth behind/below it on the screen. B
On any planet (or moon) if you look down you will see your feet and the ground beneath them. Am I missing something? :)

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
My understanding is from the moon the earth would just hang there for eternity. I think on the moon to see the earth you have to look up and not down. I know you don’t look down. 🤪

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Think about the artificial gravity in space we see in movies. The ship or parts of it spins. Since there is no up or down in space, you would never notice the spinning. That’s my understanding. 🙈

Nov 16, 2017
Yep not a match but James felt it and never looked back.

xZVGm7d.gif

I pretty much use the Barry Bonds drill as my go to teaching. It just fixes almost everything reactively. I was always able to hit the ball far but I was always guessing and never back side. When I learned it as simple as swinging down but maintaining posture / spine angle then it really opened up the whole field to me and I was able to adjust on off speed.

We so over complicate this. It is actually pretty funny. Swing straight down to the ball and turn. Hands stay linear while posture \ turning provide the nike swoosh. If you are under the ball you are not down to enough and if you are pounding the ball in the ground you are not turning enough. Pretty simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish