Sue Enquist "Suck the life out of you."

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
I've watched this repeatedly and have shown it to DD and corporate colleagues.
This applies in and off the field. It also helps me kick own butt when I dip to bottom 3rd!

Thanks for sharing this with everyone!!

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
To be honest, I can't put my finger on exactly why, but talks on this topic from the likes of motivational speakers, life coaches, business management gurus, and even "pastors", always make me cringe. It's as if the underlying philosophy has its roots in Mein Kampf. Life would be great if we could just get rid of the 33%.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
To be honest, I can't put my finger on exactly why, but talks on this topic from the likes of motivational speakers, life coaches, business management gurus, and even "pastors", always make me cringe. It's as if the underlying philosophy has its roots in Mein Kampf. Life would be great if we could just get rid of the 33%.

I often get the same impression. However, I think you have to keep things in perspective. The purpose of these speeches is to elicit a positive emotional response, not stimulate deep thought. The message although superficial is beneficial for its intended audience, which in this case was 100 of so of the best prospects in the nation just prior to taking the field to showcase their skills. It was basically a pre-game pep talk and was most likely quite effective.

Dec 11, 2010
Sue Enquist, softball fascist??

Makes me want to shoulder a fastpitch bat and invade Poland.

I really love that speech. WaSpeed, I appreciate where you are coming from though. I guess we all have to be a little careful of the type of ideas we embrace.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Sue Enquist, softball fascist??

Makes me want to shoulder a fastpitch bat and invade Poland.

I really love that speech. WaSpeed, I appreciate where you are coming from though. I guess we all have to be a little careful of the type of ideas we embrace.

LOL

It may sound strange to you, I know. I get that. However, ideas have consequences.

If you're ever looking for a very interesting book to read, check out Modern Fascism by Gene Edward Veith. It is quite eye-opening in light of modern developments in American culture, IMHO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234