Strangest ending to a game?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2015
If you had the pitcher start the pitch and then just fail to throw it (illegal pitch) for ball 4 is the play dead when the batter/runner reaches 1B?

Sep 29, 2014
These are always the silliest things usually just throw to the base ahead have fielder just stand there in front of base, nobody can make her throw the ball anywhere worst possible thing would be a delay of game unsportsmanship i guess but I'm not playing Bad New Bears...but the pitch it out of play or throw it out of play is easiest thing in hindsight

Oct 4, 2018
Interesting read. What would have happened, if you, as the ump, didn't stop the game and simply knew in your head it was "finish the batter". Do you need to tell the coaches?

May 6, 2015
have catcher hold the ball, and walk straight to 3B, then 2nd, etc. always keeping in direct path of batter/runner and the base to her back, unless the runner has not reached base she is walking to. I emphasize, walk, do not run. eventually they meet up, or B/R is out of basebath. If B/R is on a base, simply have C hold tag on, eventually umpire will have enough and call the game (maybe the "travesty" aspect of some rule sets is applicable).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles