Stay Back Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post...but has anyone used the Stay Back Tee?

:)Good? :(Bad? :confused:Unsure?

I'm trying to correct some forward lunging and this device looks like a pretty good tool to help with this. Someone suggested tying a string between their feet to help correct lunging. If anyone has any feedback on this training aide, or any suggestions to correct lunging I'd love to hear your comments.

Thanks.

FYI...Here is the link for the Tee STAY-BACK-TEE Advanced Baseball Trainer

Jul 26, 2010
I think it's a lot of money and an overengineered solution to a very simple problem. Kids lean forward because they do not understand the proper mechanics of stance, weight transfer, and timing. While having a bar in front of them would clearly make them make SOME KIND of adjustment, without coaching, they wouldn't know if they're making the CORRECT adjustment. Since they need coaching anyway to fix the problem, it seems redundant. The coach could just hold a wiffle ball bat in front of them if they thought it would really help.

I see all kinds of contraptions designed to help kids play the game. I had one guy try to sell the idea to my daughters hitting coach (a current NPF player). The idea was a T with a light inside it so there would be a visual indication that the kid hit the ball off the T. Really? Makes you wonder at which point in human evolution we interbred with vegetation.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283